Hosepipe bans?
Started by Scrotnig, 18th May 2017 21:26 in Talk & Chat

1. #1 | 2031208
    Soon to be recovered
    BC Team

MAY

Default Hosepipe bans?

Just over a week ago the green nutters were wittering about hosepipe bans after just a few days of sunshine.

Since then, despite predictions of a heatwave, the heavens have opened. Yesterday in Leicester it rained for 106% of the day.

Now will the green lot shut up for at least a few more weeks?
    If you have a problem with my post, this is what you should do: Let the post die. Just let this old post gather dust. No one can read it. No one'll even notice it. Let it become a strange little thing standing in the corner of an old thread. And over the years, the world'll move on and the thread will be buried. And if you want to remember it, then you can do one thing. That's all, one thing. Have a good life. Do that one thing for me. Have a fantastic life.

2. #2 | 2031210
    only here in spirit *hic*
    United Kingdom

MAY

Default Re: Hosepipe bans?

Scrotnig
    Just over a week ago the green nutters were wittering about hosepipe bans after just a few days of sunshine.

Since then, despite predictions of a heatwave, the heavens have opened. Yesterday in Leicester it rained for 106% of the day.

I hadn't heard about any hose-pipe bans, and I must have missed the bit where the Green Party got into power. I don't think a few random Councillors, and a single MP constitutes the necessary powerbase.

It is about conserving water because where isn't enough storage. You see, about 30 odd years ago, some bright spark thought it would be a great idea to sell off some vital public infrastructure to make a quick buck. The private companies in turn realised they could make a little bit more cash themselves by selling off assets such as reservoirs and such... and the rest as they say, is history.
    hmmmmmmm something

The ball's rolling but the hamster's dead.

Yo Fucknuts, it's probing time !
    Liked by: sphinx

3. #3 | 2031212
    BC Member

MAY

"Oh great a female Doctor Who. What next? Female real doctors? Female pilots? Female scientists? Female sisters and mothers? Female WOMEN?!" (Mark Hoppus, Blink 182)

4. #4 | 2031223
    Fluffed out
    England

MAY

Scrotnig

It's not green nutters who witter about that, it's the multi-billion pound water companies who can't be arsed to fix leaking infrastructure as that might bite into their profits, so instead they want you to stop having baths or using hosepipes.

5. #5 | 2031225
    Clique? What Clique?
    England

MAY

Chris Mitchell
    stop having baths
    I always shower and the pump for my shower is in my rainwater collector reservoir so NYER!
    He offered, I accepted, he bottled and fled!

6. #6 | 2031231
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

MAY

It couldn't be the fault of immigrants which have caused the population of the country to sky rocket in recent years putting undue strain on an infrastructure which was never designed to cope with such high demand, an infrastructure which the incomers have contributed nothing towards, could it?
    Liked by: bill jarvis, sphinx

7. #7 | 2031361
    Kiss my donkey
    St Lucia

MAY

Lord Ponsonby
    It couldn't be the fault of immigrants which have caused the population of the country to sky rocket in recent years putting undue strain on an infrastructure which was never designed to cope with such high demand, an infrastructure which the incomers have contributed nothing towards, could it?
    No, it couldn't. HTH.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." George Orwell

Ignore list: LP
    Liked by: Chris Mitchell

8. #8 | 2031435
    Fluffed out
    England

MAY

Not enough rain? Immigrants!
    Cold snap? Immigrants!
    Wrong sort of leaves on the line delaying the 08:32 to St. Pancras? Immigrants!

I think they might have eaten my hamster, too.
    Liked by: Plutonium, sphinx

9. #9 | 2031437
    Leftie Thrasher
    Pakistan

MAY

Lord Ponsonby
    Of course.
    "An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last." - Winston Churchill

10. #10 | 2031438
    Leftie Thrasher
    Pakistan

MAY

Chris Mitchell
    Not enough rain? Immigrants!
    Cold snap? Immigrants!
    Wrong sort of leaves on the line delaying the 08:32 to St. Pancras? Immigrants!

I think they might have eaten my hamster, too.
    Lack of housing. Immigrants.
    Lack of hospital beds. Immigrants.
    Lack of school places. Immigrants.
    Overcrowded roads. Immigrants.
    Long waiting lists at doctors/hospitals. Immigrants.
    High crime rates in non white areas. Immigrants.
    Unemployment, Immigration.

Not sure about the Hamster. That was probably Freddie Starr.
    "An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last." - Winston Churchill
    Liked by: sphinx

Thread Information