Pope blames Satan for exposing paedo bishops
Started by Chris Mitchell, 14th September 2018 16:14 in News & Current Affairs

1. #1 | 2088766
    Fluffed out
    England

SEP

Default Pope blames Satan for exposing paedo bishops

When I first heard this, I assumed it was satire - after all, it was in The Sun and the Daily Mail.

But it seems to be widely reported everywhere, and the presenter on Radio Four's Today programme, when interviewing someone from the Church, asked the bloke to clarify what was meant. "Well, Satan is responsible for evil", said the representative. "Yes", said the presenter, "but the Pope seems to be implying that the great evil isn't the sexual abuse of children, but the fact that it's been exposed. The Pope actually said 'In these times, it seems like the Great Accuser has been unchained and has it in for bishops. He tries to uncover the sins, so they are visible in order to scandalise the people' - so is he saying that the Devil is wrong for EXPOSING child abuse, and it would have been better covered up?"

The Church bloke stuttered a bit and didn't answer the question. It's like that South Park "Red Hot Catholic Love" episode where the priest wants to take the boys on a fishing trip, and the parents won't let them go in case they get abused so the priest, shocked by the implication, goes to the bishop and says how awful it is that everyone thinks that priests are abusers. "It's terrible", says the bishop, "in the old days, they never used to tell!"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/724120...-bishops-rome/
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rchs-9-11.html

2. #2 | 2088767
    Important staff person.
    Unbiased admin.
    BC Team
    South Africa

SEP

Default Re: Pope blames Satan for exposing paedo bishops

Chris Mitchell
    Pope blames Satan for exposing paedo bishops
    Quite right too.

btw, the Sun and the Daily Wail are much the same in their ridiculous content. I wonder what the Catholic Herald had to say? If anything.
    I do not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

3. #3 | 2088773
    Fluffed out
    England

SEP

sphinx
    Quite right too.

btw, the Sun and the Daily Wail are much the same in their ridiculous content. I wonder what the Catholic Herald had to say? If anything.
    I'm glad to see you've now become a Daily Mail-hating leftie

Anyway, the Catholic Herald has this to say: "Pope Francis: the Great Accuser is trying to uncover sins to cause scandal".

http://catholicherald.co.uk/news/201...cause-scandal/

4. #4 | 2088777
    Important staff person.
    Unbiased admin.
    BC Team
    South Africa

SEP

Chris Mitchell
    Anyway, the Catholic Herald has this to say: "Pope Francis: the Great Accuser is trying to uncover sins to cause scandal".
    Goodness me!

I wonder what it means.
    I do not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Thread Information