Corbyn in NDA row
Started by Plutonium, 9th July 2019 14:36 in News & Current Affairs

1. #1 | 2122663
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

JUL

Default Corbyn in NDA row

Non-disclosure agreements (NDA's) are agreements that some employers pressure employees to sign, to prevent them talking about things that might be embarrassing to the employers. Philip Green used them to prevent employees speaking out on allegations of sexual harassment and racism, but Lord Hain used Parliamentary privilege to identify him in the Lords.

Labour are opposed to NDA's aren't they? But now Jeremy Corbyn is using NDAs to prevent Labour party staff from speaking out on allegations of anti-semitism in the party. This man is a complete disaster zone IMO, he will lead Labour to oblivion.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...bours-use-ndas
    Liked by: sphinx

2. #2 | 2122667
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUL

Default Re: Corbyn in NDA row

No, Labour aren't, and never have been, opposed to NDAs per se. They HAVE been and ARE opposed to NDAs being used to hide illegal activity or reduce employees rights, which is a different thing.

The CORRECT use of NDAs is to prevent leaks of confidential information, which companies and organisations are more than entitled to do. That might be confidential information about clients/customers (for example, medical information from an insurance or private medicine firm), industrial secrets (very important in industry, otherwise there would be no way, for example, to stop an Airbus employee selling Airbus research to Boeing) or confidential information about colleagues.

Now, I read that article in full, and nowhere does it say that Corbyn has any hand in this, it doesn't even mention him or give any indication that authors even asked for his opinion.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service annoncement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.

3. #3 | 2122672
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

JUL

Fork Me
    Now, I read that article in full, and nowhere does it say that Corbyn has any hand in this, it doesn't even mention him or give any indication that authors even asked for his opinion.
    Get real, he's the Labour leader, these NDAs wouldn't have been issued without his agreement. Or if they were, then he's even more of a lame duck, the puppet of a small group of hard left enforcers, than I suspected.

4. #4 | 2122674
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUL

Plutonium
    Get real, he's the Labour leader, these NDAs wouldn't have been issued without his agreement. Or if they were, then he's even more of a lame duck, the puppet of a small group of hard left enforcers, than I suspected.
    You clearly have no idea of how political parties, and in partcular, the Labour Party, works.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service annoncement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.

5. #5 | 2122676
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

JUL

Fork Me
    You clearly have no idea of how political parties, and in partcular, the Labour Party, works.
    Yes I do. Political parties are led by the leader. The buck stops with them. They cannot say "I didn't know about this, guv". The commanding officer takes full responsibility.

6. #6 | 2122677
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

JUL

John McDonnell, Corbyn's No 2, has defended the use of NDA's.

In an interview on the BBC’s Andrew Marr Show, McDonnell said NDAs, when used properly, enabled organisations to protect confidential information, and this was what was happening in this case.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...whistleblowers

Are you seriously trying to suggest that Corbyn disagrees with this and yet is powerless to stop it? Where is the statement from Jeremy Corbyn opposing the use of NDA's?

7. #7 | 2122678
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUL

Plutonium
    John McDonnell, Corbyn's No 2, has defended the use of NDA's.

In an interview on the BBC’s Andrew Marr Show, McDonnell said NDAs, when used properly, enabled organisations to protect confidential information, and this was what was happening in this case.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...whistleblowers

Are you seriously trying to suggest that Corbyn disagrees with this and yet is powerless to stop it? Where is the statement from Jeremy Corbyn opposing the use of NDA's?
    Fork me has already explained when they're appropriate. Are you thick?
    Liked by: Fork Me

8. #8 | 2122680
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

JUL

Reg Perrin
    Fork me has already explained when they're appropriate. Are you thick?
    Yes, their appropriate use is to prevent leaks of confidential information. They should not be used to stop people whistleblowing about wrongdoing, whether that's sexual harassment, anti-semitism, corruption or anything else.

9. #9 | 2122683
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUL

Liked by: Fork Me

10. #10 | 2122685
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUL

Well at least you're honest. Thick but honest.

Thread Information