Ask me anything about being unemployed
Started by parsonstreet, 10th July 2019 16:45 in Talk & Chat

1. #21 | 2122948
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUL

Default Re: Ask me anything about being unemployed

parsonstreet
    You criticised me for not answering your question which I actually did at length
    No you didn't, you answered round it.

An actual answer would have been "I have not been looking for a job". That would have answered the question that I asked.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service annoncement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.
    Liked by: superwoman

2. #22 | 2122953
    here
    Wales

JUL

Fork Me
    No you didn't, you answered round it.

An actual answer would have been "I have not been looking for a job". That would have answered the question that I asked.
    Giving you the principle of charity you said: (edited for principle of charity).

"How (much) effort have you actually put into finding a suitable job? "

This question only makes sense if I was looking for a job. Also I don't know what the "actually" means. I haven't claimed to be looking for a job so that qualifier is redundant and abusive.

The suitable job part also begs the question because if I am not looking for a job that is irrelevant then suitability doesn't come into it.

So your question assumes I have claimed to be looking for work and can work if I find a suitable job. By suitable I am not sure how you are able to assess this but you seem to have something in mind.

Your question is clearly provocative and passive aggressive. It doesn't have an answer word in such a way.

It was rhetorical. I could have replied I am not able to work but since I have said that countless times before why waste my breath.
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..

3. #23 | 2122956
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUL

parsonstreet
    Giving you the principle of charity you said: (edited for principle of charity).

"How (much) effort have you actually put into finding a suitable job? "

This question only makes sense if I was looking for a job.
    On the contrary. You could have answered succinctly and accurately with a single word.

"None"

HTHYLC

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

4. #24 | 2122963
    BC Member
    BC Team

JUL

Fork Me
    OK, an honest question, see if you can keep the promise you made and give an honest answer.

How effort have you actually out into finding a suitable job?

No excuses of "people aren't throwing jobs at you", people don't throw jobs at anyone. What have YOU done to find one?
    What a nasty, right wing post. When did you become such a rightard?

Parson doesn't claim "dole". To my knowledge he is considered by medical professionals to not be fit for work.

For some people this means being in a wheelchair or using crutches etc. These people get sympathy because it's visible.
    Parsonstreet's issues are not outwardly visible, this however does not make him any less disabled, nor does it mean he should go and get a job.

Despite this, Parsonstreet has spent his time constructively, and has bettered himself by studying and has gained qualifications.
    Three button t-shirt it's a tie-dye
    Liked by: Luna, parsonstreet, sphinx

5. #25 | 2122968
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUL

Scrotnig
    What a nasty, right wing post.
    I don't believe it's either right wing or nasty.

6. #26 | 2122969
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

JUL

Fork Me
    I don't believe it's either right wing or nasty.
    You wouldn't have said the same thing to durge and he really is a lazy shite.
    Liked by: Scrotnig, sphinx

7. #27 | 2122971
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUL

Scrotnig
    What a nasty, right wing post. When did you become such a rightard?

Parson doesn't claim "dole". To my knowledge he is considered by medical professionals to not be fit for work.

For some people this means being in a wheelchair or using crutches etc. These people get sympathy because it's visible.
    Parsonstreet's issues are not outwardly visible, this however does not make him any less disabled, nor does it mean he should go and get a job.

Despite this, Parsonstreet has spent his time constructively, and has bettered himself by studying and has gained qualifications.
    Maybe so, but he's still an arsehole.

8. #28 | 2122972
    here
    Wales

JUL

Scrotnig
    What a nasty, right wing post..
    Thanks Scrotnig.

But actually that is true face of the extreme left or reactionary left. Leftists sympathy is distributed based on how many boxes you tick and how compliant you are.

I think the problem like I was saying is not helping people into a genuinely suitable job.

I was having a breakdown at 17 (after years of bullying at school and my local area, religious abuse and undiagnosed Aspergers symptoms) and left my A levels.

I tried to run away from home but my bank card broke. I was crying and my parents knew I had problems but my dad told me I had to get a job in two months or he would throw me out like he had done my older brother.

So I took a series of inappropriate jobs. By that stage my dad had forced me to live with my older brother in what was the worst part of the city a that time. By that stage my older brother had returned to the Brethren and he didn't have television or radio, he wouldn't drink coffee and other stimulants or keep his money in a bank or lock his front door etc.

So I was alone there with no friends and unable to hold down a job and I was badly bullied in my first job. Because of this and the lack of support I ended up in prison just before I turned 18.

Prevention is better than cure.
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..

9. #29 | 2122999
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUL

Lord Ponsonby
    You wouldn't have said the same thing to durge and he really is a lazy shite.
    Durge was looking for work and is currently employed.

10. #30 | 2123001
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUL

parsonstreet
    Prevention is better than cure.
    Very true, but after the case, cure is better than nothing.

Your biggest problem, Parson, and I'm saying this both from having met you and from your posts, isn't your past or your mental illness. They are your second and third biggest problems (and I'm not sure in which order), your biggest problem is that you have given up on yourself. All the time that is the case things will never get better for you. Harsh reality is sometimes needed, that is neither cruel nor right wing.

This isn't a case of simply saying "pull yourself together", I know that doesn't work for depression, or indeed, any mental illness, but I also know that unless the person themselves puts some effort in, no matter how difficult it is, things will never get better.

I know several people socially with mental illness, people who have suffered religous brainwashing, people who have been seriously abused. I've worked with a large number of children and teens with autism, aspergers, bipolar disorder, attachment disorder, fetal alcohol syndrome, ADHD, anxiety issues and just general behavioural or learning difficulties, and teens struggling with parents who have one or more of these issues. I'm working at the moment with a student with selctive mutism, the first case of that I've dealt with, but the professional advice I've had is that if we don't help her through it now, it will only get worse as she gets older. Some have improved, some haven't. Some that I'm still in contact with now lead happy productive live, some still struggle but work their way through it. Some, end up like you.

But the one thing that really stands out, is that whatever I or others have done to help, the ONLY ones that improve and become happier are those that don't give up and put the effort in themselves. Yes, sometimes it seems like for every step forward, there's another two back, but those who just give up only ever step backwards. I don't doubt the state has failed you on more than one occasion, as have your parents, however, you are also failing yourself.

Of course, some on here will now take the piss or claim I'm a caretaker or some other nonsense, but the fact is that I am in a major pastoral role, and was in the UK before that and I DO speak through a huge amount of experience.

I know you've had a shit time of it and repeating all that again is pointless, I've met you, I've read it on here, I don't need to read it all again, and there are things, as Scrot rightly said that you have done in the past to try and improve, your studies, the volunteering you did, these are positive things, but at the moment you appear to have just totally given up, and that's the worsgt thing you can do, for YOUR sake, not for anyone else's.

...and people who pander to you and just allow you to wallow without pointing that out are the ones that are actually doing you harm, no matter how well intentioned they are.

Thread Information