Council Tax bill arrived
Started by Fork Me, 30th September 2017 11:43 in Talk & Chat

1. #1 | 2050939
    BC Member

SEP

Default Council Tax bill arrived

165 Euros...

...for the whole year.
    "Oh great a female Doctor Who. What next? Female real doctors? Female pilots? Female scientists? Female sisters and mothers? Female WOMEN?!" (Mark Hoppus, Blink 182)

2. #2 | 2050942
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

SEP

Default Re: Council Tax bill arrived

I wouldn't expect to pay any more for a Cypriot broom cupboard.
    Liked by: Scrotnig, sphinx

3. #3 | 2050945
    BC Member

SEP

Lord Ponsonby
    I wouldn't expect to pay any more for a Cypriot broom cupboard.
    Of course you wouldn't, but my flat here is several times larger than the one I had in the UK, it's a large two bedroom flat in the heart of the city, the bins are collected twice a week, and the road is well maintained. The council neatly trimmed all the trees roiund here yesterday as well.

Your bitterness only shows your stupdity, it has no effect on me.

BTW, not only is my Council Tax so low, my rent is less than half what I paid in the UK.
    "Oh great a female Doctor Who. What next? Female real doctors? Female pilots? Female scientists? Female sisters and mothers? Female WOMEN?!" (Mark Hoppus, Blink 182)

4. #4 | 2050951
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

SEP

Ever wondered why the UK council tax is so much more in complarisum?

Think Reg and his non job. It is the likes of him you have to thank.
    Liked by: bill jarvis, sphinx

5. #5 | 2050952
    BC Member

SEP

Lord Ponsonby
    Ever wondered why the UK council tax is so much more in complarisum?
    No. I know why it is, it's because of stupid rightard policies of privatisation, low tax to big comanies and undefunding of councils by central government.

Tax here is very low, but the electricity, water and main phone company are all mainly state owned and all make profits. All 3 services are cheaper here than the UK as well.

You may be happy being ripped of by private indistry. I'm happy not to be.
    Liked by: Plutonium

6. #6 | 2050955
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

SEP

Fork Me
    No. I know why it is, it's because of stupid rightard policies of privatisation, low tax to big comanies and undefunding of councils by central government.

Tax here is very low, but the electricity, water and main phone company are all mainly state owned and all make profits. All 3 services are cheaper here than the UK as well.

As long as he has electrickery to power his CB rig he's happy.
    Liked by: Fork Me

7. #7 | 2050960
    Soon to be recovered
    BC Team

SEP

Fork Me

Luckily, here in the UK we had a Labour government with a huge majority for thirteen whole years, which gave them the perfect opportunity to reverse all that.

Shame they didn't even try, mind you, in fact they made it worse, but they did have the opportunity.
    If you have a problem with my post, this is what you should do: Let the post die. Just let this old post gather dust. No one can read it. No one'll even notice it. Let it become a strange little thing standing in the corner of an old thread. And over the years, the world'll move on and the thread will be buried. And if you want to remember it, then you can do one thing. That's all, one thing. Have a good life. Do that one thing for me. Have a fantastic life.
    Liked by: sphinx

8. #8 | 2050961
    BC Member

SEP

Scrotnig
    Luckily, here in the UK we had a Labour government with a huge majority for thirteen whole years, which gave them the perfect opportunity to reverse all that.

Shame they didn't even try, mind you, in fact they made it worse, but they did have the opportunity.
    Given that I've repeatedly said that I disagreed with a lot of what that Labour Government did, what point are you trying to make exactly?

9. #9 | 2050963
    Soon to be recovered
    BC Team

SEP

Fork Me
    Given that I've repeatedly said that I disagreed with a lot of what that Labour Government did, what point are you trying to make exactly?
    You voted for them. Repeatedly. As Reg might say, it's YOUR fault.
    If you have a problem with my post, this is what you should do: Let the post die. Just let this old post gather dust. No one can read it. No one'll even notice it. Let it become a strange little thing standing in the corner of an old thread. And over the years, the world'll move on and the thread will be buried. And if you want to remember it, then you can do one thing. That's all, one thing. Have a good life. Do that one thing for me. Have a fantastic life.

10. #10 | 2050964
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

SEP

Scrotnig
    You voted for them. Repeatedly. As Reg might say, it's YOUR fault.
    LOL.

Thread Information