Bomb blast near my house today
Started by Fork Me, 21st September 2017 09:39 in Serious Discussion

1. #1 | 2049457
    BC Member

SEP

Default Bomb blast near my house today

"Oh great a female Doctor Who. What next? Female real doctors? Female pilots? Female scientists? Female sisters and mothers? Female WOMEN?!" (Mark Hoppus, Blink 182)

2. #2 | 2049459
    Hammond out.
    England

SEP

Default Re: Bomb blast near my house today

A disgruntled insurance claimant.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.

3. #3 | 2049462
    BC Member

SEP

Dordie
    A disgruntled insurance claimant.
    Possible. Blasts like this in Limassol are always crime related (as opposed to terrorism related).

There's 3 likely possibilities:

1) They didn't pay their protection money.
    2) A competitor doesn't like them existing.
    3) Their business was failing and they needed the insurance.

20 years ago such blasts were common in Limassol, for the last few years they had been rare, in the last year they've become very common again, almost one a week. Nobody is ever injured and they're always in the middle of the night. Normally though, it's either a betting shop, hairdresser/beauty salon or gym that's targeted. Occasionally bars or restaurants. This is the first one I've seen in this sector. The shop just sold electric bikes and cars, which makes me think it's probably option 3, although they haven't actually been open long.
    "Oh great a female Doctor Who. What next? Female real doctors? Female pilots? Female scientists? Female sisters and mothers? Female WOMEN?!" (Mark Hoppus, Blink 182)

4. #4 | 2049463
    BC Member

SEP

The insurance company is next door, their offices are hardly affected, it was the bike shop that was targeted.

One worrying aspect is that the betting shop was hit as collateral damage, which means the perpetrators will be far better off if the police catch them before the owners of the betting shop...

5. #5 | 2049464
    Hammond out.
    England

SEP

Fork Me
    The insurance company is next door, their offices are hardly affected, it was the bike shop that was targeted.

One worrying aspect is that the betting shop was hit as collateral damage, which means the perpetrators will be far better off if the police catch them before the owners of the betting shop...
    Both Greeks and Turks have a habit of pushing the limits of revenge or competition. By the way, John Pettit aka Colonel states that none of them can drive. (Pettit owns much of the road systems the world over)
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.

6. #6 | 2049475
    BC Member

SEP

Dordie
    Both Greeks and Turks have a habit of pushing the limits of revenge or competition. By the way, John Pettit aka Colonel states that none of them can drive. (Pettit owns much of the road systems the world over)
    A major Cyprus "businessman" was shot dead by contract killers last yeay in Ayia Napa. Since then there's been a hig profile morder of a rival of his and bombing of businesses, mainly in Nicosia and Limassol have increased sharply. Seems there's some kind of turf war going on atm.

The police here are not normally overstretched, apart from this stuff, the country has a very very low crime rate, crimes against ordinary people are very rare. It'll be interesting to see if they manage to do anything about this, or whether there's been some high level bungs.

7. #7 | 2049490
    Sorting out spastics

SEP

Why move all the way out there just to live in a bomb-ravaged shithole?

You could have just moved to Belfast and got the same experience.

Haw haw haw.

8. #8 | 2049511
    BC Member

SEP

Equinox
    Why move all the way out there just to live in a bomb-ravaged shithole?

You could have just moved to Belfast and got the same experience.

Haw haw haw.

Pathetic.

I know i have upset the rightards when this ludicrous sockpuppet is dragged out as backup.

9. #9 | 2049684
    Kiss my donkey
    St Lucia

SEP

Somebody you welched on a bet with, but they got the wrong address.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." George Orwell

Ignore list: LP

10. #10 | 2049687
    Leftie Thrasher
    Pakistan

SEP

Fork Me
    Possible. Blasts like this in Limassol are always crime related (as opposed to terrorism related).

There's 3 likely possibilities:

1) They didn't pay their protection money.
    2) A competitor doesn't like them existing.
    3) Their business was failing and they needed the insurance.
    4) Muslims.
    "An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last." - Winston Churchill

Thread Information