Leicester Cathedral is quite a success story
Started by Scrotnig, 12th October 2017 11:35 in Talk & Chat

1. #1 | 2052962
    Soon to be recovered
    BC Team

OCT

Default Leicester Cathedral is quite a success story

Since Richard III was put in there, Leicester Cathedral is now a big success story for the city:
    http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/ne...hedral-607119\

It's now so popular there are plans for an extension. How many cathedrals are still being built these days?
    If you have a problem with my post, this is what you should do: Let the post die. Just let this old post gather dust. No one can read it. No one'll even notice it. Let it become a strange little thing standing in the corner of an old thread. And over the years, the world'll move on and the thread will be buried. And if you want to remember it, then you can do one thing. That's all, one thing. Have a good life. Do that one thing for me. Have a fantastic life.

2. #2 | 2052966
    Independent
    United Kingdom

OCT

Default Re: Leicester Cathedral is quite a success story

Scrotnig
    Since Richard III was put in there,
    Proof?
    "Europe's nations should be guided towards the Super-state without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation". EEC founder Jean Monnet

3. #3 | 2052969
    Soon to be recovered
    BC Team

OCT

Well, admittedly, the whole thing is dubious.
    I mean, they found his remains under a car park. Wot rot. For starters, they didn't HAVE car parks in Richard III's time, so how could he have been buried under one?
    If you have a problem with my post, this is what you should do: Let the post die. Just let this old post gather dust. No one can read it. No one'll even notice it. Let it become a strange little thing standing in the corner of an old thread. And over the years, the world'll move on and the thread will be buried. And if you want to remember it, then you can do one thing. That's all, one thing. Have a good life. Do that one thing for me. Have a fantastic life.
    Liked by: Chris Mitchell

4. #4 | 2052975
    Hammond out.
    England

OCT

Scrotnig
    I mean, they found his remains under a car park. Wot rot. For starters, they didn't HAVE car parks in Richard III's time, so how could he have been buried under one?
    Where did Fred Flintstone park his car?
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Liked by: sphinx

5. #5 | 2053022
    Fluffed out
    England

OCT

Scrotnig
    Since Richard III was put in there, Leicester Cathedral is now a big success story for the city:
    http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/ne...hedral-607119\

It's now so popular there are plans for an extension. How many cathedrals are still being built these days?
    Sagrada Familia in Barcelona is still under construction!

http://www.sagradafamilia.org/en/history-of-the-temple/
    Liked by: Lord Ponsonby

6. #6 | 2053030
    Hammond out.
    England

OCT

Chris Mitchell
    Sagrada Familia in Barcelona is still under construction!

http://www.sagradafamilia.org/en/history-of-the-temple/
    We'll have to go there sometime, you and I, see if we can't do some damage. I know the way. Just have to be careful of the Bull shit.
    Liked by: Chris Mitchell

7. #7 | 2053034
    Independent
    United Kingdom

OCT

Scrotnig
    Dubious? Utter fantasy more like. Someone finds a skeleton. Someone notes that someone famous died in the area a long time ago. Conclusion, the skeleton and the someone famous are one and the same despite the odds being several million to one against. Having arrived at the conclusion, we'll now set about manufacturing the evidence. Give me a fucking break.
    "Europe's nations should be guided towards the Super-state without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation". EEC founder Jean Monnet
    Liked by: sphinx

8. #8 | 2053957
    Independent
    United Kingdom

OCT

Scrotnig
    There's a campaign (which seems to be pretty on and off) to rebuild Lincoln Cathedral's spires. While they stood, it was the tallest building in the world. There's a model inside.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. #9 | 2053960
    Soon to be recovered
    BC Team

OCT

Memnoch
    There's a campaign (which seems to be pretty on and off) to rebuild Lincoln Cathedral's spires. While they stood, it was the tallest building in the world. There's a model inside.
    Is that tallest, because it's on a hill, or tallest measured from the foundations?

It's a bit like when weathermen say "low cloud over the hills". Is it low in relation to the hills, or would it still be low if the hills weren't there...gaaaah.....<head explodes>

10. #10 | 2053961
    Hammond out.
    England

OCT

Memnoch
    On the same theme, I worked at Bythorn adjacent to the A14, I learned the church there was damaged by the vibrations of fully laden American aircraft from Molesworth en route to bombing missions. As I saw them and their crews I had a desire to know more. I have read extensively of their lives, work and deaths as well as how the few remaining... due to age... are at this time....and what they have to say.
    Re; Lincoln Cathedral, I know it was used as a navigation landmark by RAF airmen from the proliferation of airfields in that area. Would it perhaps have been damaged similarly to Bythorn Church?

Thread Information