16 years ago today
Started by Plutonium, 11th September 2017 10:53 in Serious Discussion

1. #1 | 2047889
    Kiss my donkey
    St Lucia

SEP

Default 16 years ago today

Everyone remembers what they were doing 16 years ago today.

I'd just got back to the office from lunch, and saw on Yahoo news that a plane had hit one of the WTC towers. Then another article appeared, saying that a second plane had hit the other tower. "Hoax", I thought, and got on with my work. Then the phone calls started. Not much work got done that afternoon.

The conspiracy theories live on, some of them quite bizarre, for example suggesting that the planes were actually holograms. Conspiracy theorists are generally on the right wing fringe, including ZOG nut jobs.

All the evidence suggests that the attacks were carried out by Arab terrorists from Al Qaeda, who used box cutters to kill the crew, and took over the planes. But people seem to be in denial about this.

Another interesting sideline is the reports of Muslims celebrating the attacks, in various places around the world, although no evidence has been produced for this.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." George Orwell

Ignore list: LP

2. #2 | 2047914
    Really nice balls
    Indonesia

SEP

Default Re: 16 years ago today

The CIA and the Jews did it with support from the US arms manufacturers.
    Everyone is Fred until they are not

3. #3 | 2047920
    Writer Of Triad Poems
    Isle of Man

SEP

Then, we had Al Qaeda.

Now, we have Isis.

The Whole Thing Never Stops!!!

3X3
    Humanity may have Evolved Enough Intelligence to Split the Atom
    But the Average Ordinary Human
    Has the Same Average Ordinary Amount of Wisdom
    To Choose Right from Wrong
    As the Average Ordinary Baboon

4. #4 | 2047921
    Writer Of Triad Poems
    Isle of Man

SEP

Plutonium
    Everyone remembers what they were doing 16 years ago today.
    I was Resident Caretaking then and I had gotten up prepared to do some Empty Suite Apartment Painting.

I had just started Breakfast when I turned on the TV.

No Painting Got Done That Day. I just spent the Day Watching News Coverage and Recording News Footage onto VHS Tape.

That Evening, I went to my Legion and Watched More News Coverage. They Flashed Estimated Casualty Counts that amounted to More than Pearl Harbour.

One thing I did learn that day though:
    When the Coverage was being Broadcast, Every Cable Channel suddenly became 'CNN' except CBC. That was when I Worked It Out that when the Emergency Broadcast System is Engaged, All Cable Channels suddenly become CNN. So that means CNN has the Contract that when the EBS is Engaged, they are the News Service that Broadcasts the Emergency Information on All Channels.

3X3
    Humanity may have Evolved Enough Intelligence to Split the Atom
    But the Average Ordinary Human
    Has the Same Average Ordinary Amount of Wisdom
    To Choose Right from Wrong
    As the Average Ordinary Baboon
    Liked by: Okami Itto

5. #5 | 2047924
    an enemy of the status
    Vatican City State

SEP

Was it 16 years ago? So it was.

Was it today? So it was.

Was it 16 years ago today? Shaddap!
    Through the glass, dim and foggy, the blunt muzzle of some beast looked at me, its yellow eyes insistently repeating one and the same thought, incomprehensible to me. We looked each other in the eye for a long time - through those shafts connecting the surface world to that other beneath the surface.

"I am in blood Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more, Returning were as tedious as go o'er"

You better look before you leap, still waters run deep,
    And there won't always be someone there to pull you out,
    And you know what I'm talkin' about.

6. #6 | 2047932
    Hammond out.
    England

SEP

Todays' date will go down in infamy. It is the day Islam showed its ugly face.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.

7. #7 | 2048000
    BC Member

SEP

There is an interesting case going on at the moment, 800 families of victims (and some surviving victims I think) are attempting to sue the Saudi's for financing, and supporting logistically, al Qaeda and including our very own pilot fuckwits. It makes for good viewing into the patsy milieu.

One of the allegations talked about this week is hijack rehearsals:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...7f5Yr_wYdA4fhQ

But since it's an anniversary I thought I'd cheer me up with a look back at some 9/11 comedy classics.

The first one came out on the tenth anniversary (4 min. 08 sec. onward cracks me up).

Everything you ever wanted to know about the 9/11 conspiracy theory in under 5 minutes.

It is serious too so here's the hyperlinked transcript:

https://www.corbettreport.com/?p=2594

And this one from The Onion kills me, the author of a book on thermite on the news with a man from al Qaeda:

Laughter is good medicine after all.
    The more laws, the less justice. Marcus Tullius Cicero.
    Liked by: Calidore, sphinx

8. #8 | 2048005
    BC Member

SEP

That transcript link was broken so here again:

https://www.corbettreport.com/911-a-conspiracy-theory/
    The more laws, the less justice. Marcus Tullius Cicero.
    Liked by: Calidore

9. #9 | 2048010
    here
    Wales

SEP

I think the memory of 9/11 is really being defiled by conspiracy theorists.

Peoples reason from supporting conspiracies in my opinion are largely Freudian and political.

Left wingers don't want the U.S. seen as a victim and want to maintain their delusion about Islam.

Hard Right wingers need to preserve there belief that the government is all corrupt and all powerful. Focusing on conspiracies detracts from looking the horror in the face and becoming retraumatised.

The news is becoming more unreliable because we are overwhelmed by rhetoric, politics and post truth babbling.
    The Tendrils of insanity
    History in the crunching of dead leaves
    The ghost of a tyrant Knight
    Haunting the architecture

10. #10 | 2048013
    an enemy of the status
    Vatican City State

SEP

Intelligent men I know completely dismiss the conspiracy theory idea. Chief amongst the reasons is why would the government kill its own people?

Do we know how naive that sounds? Given that governments control armies made of people they keep poor so that the army seems attractive?

I think we might see the light.

Most of these intelligent men are establishment figures, heads of departments at schools, public servants, officials in various capacity. These guys have to sound sensible.

Another chief reason is that there is no whistleblower. Well, there are, and they are all sidelined. Those videos make it plain. What you haven't found yet is someone who admits to laying explosives. Probably because he'll be executed.

So that kind of keeps it open for me.

That and all the weird uncanny scientific stuff that the official version doesn't consider like the thermite etc.

Also were all the hijackers (because I don't believe the hologram theory) told it was a suicide mission?
    Through the glass, dim and foggy, the blunt muzzle of some beast looked at me, its yellow eyes insistently repeating one and the same thought, incomprehensible to me. We looked each other in the eye for a long time - through those shafts connecting the surface world to that other beneath the surface.

"I am in blood Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more, Returning were as tedious as go o'er"

You better look before you leap, still waters run deep,
    And there won't always be someone there to pull you out,
    And you know what I'm talkin' about.
    Liked by: Okami Itto

Thread Information