English Pagans seek Compensation
Started by Bill. MC, 8th September 2017 16:46 in Paganism & Divinatory Arts

1. #21 | 2048213
    Kiss my donkey
    St Lucia

SEP

Default Re: English Pagans seek Compensation

Fork Me
    Nonetheless, shared spaces and single developments containing a church, a synagogue and a mosque are becoming more common. I've linked in this thread to two shared buildings being built with the support of all three communities (one in Berlin and one in Russia). It's very common now for hospitals to provide a "prayer area" for members of any faith, and some airports have them now as well.
    The two examples you quote are deliberately built complexes containing distinct places of worship - a church, a mosque and a synagogue, among others. Even so, such things are very rare - can you find an example of one in the UK?

It's not quite the same thing as, say, a Muslim going to a church and saying "hey, we want to share this church for use as a mosque" (or vice versa).

Prayer areas are just rooms where people can go to pray, not the same thing as places of worship, where religious services take place.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." George Orwell

Ignore list: LP

2. #22 | 2048227
    BC Member

SEP

Plutonium
    The two examples you quote are deliberately built complexes containing distinct places of worship
    ...which is exactly what I said they were...
    "Oh great a female Doctor Who. What next? Female real doctors? Female pilots? Female scientists? Female sisters and mothers? Female WOMEN?!" (Mark Hoppus, Blink 182)
    Liked by: sphinx

3. #23 | 2048238
    BC Member
    Ireland

SEP

True Pagans don't need temples, churchs or sacred structures of any kind anyway.

4. #24 | 2048311
    Writer Of Triad Poems
    Isle of Man

SEP

Plutonium

Why should members of a faith be forced to share it with other faiths? Everyone has a right to practice their own religion in their own space.
    Nobody should have to be Forced to Share such Facilities. Unitarian Churches in Canada Share Their Facilities with Celtic Pagans who Wish to Stage Their Ceremonies in them. I have been to a couple of such Ceremonies held in a Unitarian Church such as when I went to Kelowna in 2005.

And I never said that such Facilities should ought be for Forced to be Shared. They should be Share with Freedom of Will.

But unfortunately, the only way for Muzzies to Share their Facilities would have to be by Force.

3X3
    Humanity may have Evolved Enough Intelligence to Split the Atom
    But the Average Ordinary Human
    Has the Same Average Ordinary Amount of Wisdom
    To Choose Right from Wrong
    As the Average Ordinary Baboon

5. #25 | 2048312
    Writer Of Triad Poems
    Isle of Man

SEP

One of the Biggest Reasons why I like going to a certain Buddhist Temple Community Garden is because they have always been willing to Share their Facility with my Practicing 'Celtic Buddhism'.

3X3

6. #26 | 2048346
    BC Member

SEP

TheDruid 3X3

And I never said that such Facilities should ought be for Forced to be Shared. They should be Share with Freedom of Will.
    You did rather stupidly claim that Muslims getting angry when Hindus took their place of worship was "proof that tey will never share". It is no such thing.

No member of any religion would happily sit back and allow another one to steal their place of worship.

But unfortunately, the only way for Muzzies to Share their Facilities would have to be by Force.
    ...and you still say this even though I have already linked too 2 developments in europe where Christians, Jews and Muslims are working together to build a Church, Synagogue and Mosque under one roof.

Why do you ignore all evidence that doesn't fit your prejudice and then make silly exaggerated claims about ones that you think do?

That's a rhetorical question, btw, the answer is in the question, it's because your views are based on prejudice rather than rationality.
    "Oh great a female Doctor Who. What next? Female real doctors? Female pilots? Female scientists? Female sisters and mothers? Female WOMEN?!" (Mark Hoppus, Blink 182)

7. #27 | 2048360
    Kiss my donkey
    St Lucia

SEP

Fork Me
    ...which is exactly what I said they were...
    ... and which is exactly what we are NOT talking about here.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." George Orwell

Ignore list: LP

8. #28 | 2048447
    Independent
    United Kingdom

SEP

Luna
    True Pagans don't need temples, churchs or sacred structures of any kind anyway.
    What do you mean by true pagans? The term covers thousands of religions, most of which involve sacred objects of some kind.
    "Europe's nations should be guided towards the Super-state without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation". EEC founder Jean Monnet

9. #29 | 2048480
    Writer Of Triad Poems
    Isle of Man

SEP

Actually, Luna is Perfectly Correct!

True Pagans don't need Temples, Churches and Sacred Sites. Just any Garden is sufficient.

3X3
    Liked by: Luna, Okami Itto

10. #30 | 2048483
    Independent
    United Kingdom

SEP

As opposed to what? I very much doubt you even know what the word pagan means, so I'm asking you what a "true" pagan is for entertainment purposes only. The fact that you think it necessarily has something to do with gardens confirms my suspicion that you have absolutely no clue whatsoever.
    "Europe's nations should be guided towards the Super-state without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation". EEC founder Jean Monnet

Thread Information