That other British stereotype
Started by Memnoch, 11th June 2019 23:40 in Talk & Chat

View Poll Results: How much tea and coffee do you drink?

Voters
9. You need to be a member of BC to vote on this poll. JOIN NOW - IT'S FREE!
  • No tea

1 11.11%
  • 1-2 cups a day

3 33.33%
  • 3-5

4 44.44%
  • More than 5

2 22.22%
  • No coffee

1 11.11%
  • 1-2

3 33.33%
  • 3-5

2 22.22%
  • more than 5

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. #1 | 2120350
    Independent
    United Kingdom

JUN

Default That other British stereotype

It's amusing that our westward cousins think we all have butlers and wear bowler hats, and the despised ones to our south think we eat nothing but roast beef, but the one I'm referring to is the tea. When I'm abroad, the moment someone knows I'm British they either offer me tea or apologise for not having any.
    I recall reading somewhere that the cost, in tea, of building the M1 motorway was 25 gallons per mile. I wonder if we're still a nation of tea drinkers or has coffee taken over? I used to drink a lot of coffee, but I now realize it was only because it was more convenient because since I gave up instant coffee I drink more tea. I average at least six cups a day versus a maximum of two coffees.

How much tea and coffee do you drink?

Top half of the poll is tea, bottom half is coffee.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.

2. #2 | 2120359
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUN

Default Re: That other British stereotype

Memnoch
    It's amusing that our westward cousins think we all have butlers and wear bowler hats
    TheDruid 3X3
    I am a Perfectly Useless Jackass who Know Nothing

3. #3 | 2120364
    BC Member
    Ireland

JUN

When at home for the day - I drink between 15 & 20 cups of tea. No coffee unless I make a pot for visitors.

When out and about with friends - I will have 1 or 2 cups of coffee - because most cafes these days use teabags (shudders) and their staff haven't a clue how to make tea anyway. It doesn't come out of a noisy, hissy, spitty machine!

4. #4 | 2120387
    Fluffed out
    England

JUN

I've always found it ironic that the Americans tease us about drinking tea, when they were the ones who went to war over it!

I drink quite a bit of tea - I find it more thirst-quenching than water, although I know that's just psychological. I drink a lot of water too. I maybe have one or two coffees a day, but I only like espresso.

Talking of American attitudes, though, one American friend jokingly asked "so in England, is it the panacea for everything? When one of your parents die, does the hospital give you a cup of tea?". And I realised that, yes, that's EXACTLY what happened when my mother died. I wonder what they do in America?

5. #5 | 2120394
    Hammond and May out
    England

JUN

Speaking of tea,add the M62 to the debate. Obviously, heavy machinery and materials were stored way off site during it's construction, in small close by hamlets and villages, many a lusty lady used tea to lure husky labourers into there abodes.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

6. #6 | 2120397
    Fluffed out
    England

JUN

Dordie
    Speaking of tea,add the M62 to the debate. Obviously, heavy machinery and materials were stored way off site during it's construction, in small close by hamlets and villages, many a lusty lady used tea to lure husky labourers into there abodes.
    An interesting variation on getting someone pissed to get them into bed. Did they put Rohypnol in the tea?

7. #7 | 2120399
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

JUN

Chris Mitchell
    An interesting variation on getting someone pissed to get them into bed. Did they put Rohypnol in the tea?
    It is a little more subtle than that. Don't judge everyone by your own levels of desperation.

8. #8 | 2120405
    BC Member
    BC Team

JUN

Chris Mitchell
    Does anyone know if Rohypnol works on sheep?

Erm, a friend of mine wants to know.
    Liked by: Chris Mitchell

9. #9 | 2120425
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUN

I have no need for rohypnol.

There's a 2 liter bottle of chloroform in my lab.
    TheDruid 3X3
    I am a Perfectly Useless Jackass who Know Nothing

10. #10 | 2120435
    Fat, old hippy

JUN

I drink a lot of tea, English breakfast, Assam and Earl Grey are my favourites, my daughter makes herbal teas, she made us some mint tea the other day, tastes like mouthwash. I probably drink 5 cups minimum in a day, lots of fizzy water and the occasional Cherry Pepsi Max, because itís delicious. Iím not a big coffee drinker, occasional cappuccino while Iím out and sometimes make a pot at home, never instant.

Thread Information