Latest Likes Given

Latest Liked Posts

Lovely Fred
2 Likes Lovely Fred liked a post by superwoman in the thread Life's autumn
superwoman I think that is correct. My daughters are always telling me to act my age. Why should I? I often shock the young girls at work. Why, for instance, do they think sex is for the under 30's? I've tried a few things in my time in general, some things...
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by ThinGun in the thread Track of the Day: One Hit Wonders
ThinGun RAWK AN' ROWL.... I remember bopping to this back in the day. Used to go with my mate Dez to a Teds' club above pub. DJ was Rockin' Bill. Of course.
superwoman
1 Like superwoman liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Hello Everyone
Fork Me We had one that used to go on holidays. She'd just suddenly disappear for weeks at a time, and then come back as if nothing had happened. The longest she was gone was 4 months. We thought she'd gone for good that time, but no, one day she just...
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Scrotnig in the thread "I don't know what happened"
Scrotnig Broadly similar. It was quite rare for us to get to fire live ammunition, which was mainly only on annual camp (I only braved annual camp twice, I don't think it was really my 'thang') on real military ranges. One camp was actually at RAF St Athan...
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by ThinGun in the thread "I don't know what happened"
ThinGun I've never fired a weapon in my life. Nor wanted to. I'm not that insecure.
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by superwoman in the thread Life's autumn
superwoman I think that is correct. My daughters are always telling me to act my age. Why should I? I often shock the young girls at work. Why, for instance, do they think sex is for the under 30's? I've tried a few things in my time in general, some things...
ThinGun
1 Like ThinGun liked a post by superwoman in the thread Track of the Day: One Hit Wonders
superwoman I loved this song. Was still at school when it hit the charts. There used to be a very good Youth Club attached to the school and we would have a regular disco. A group of classmates used to get up and do a line dance to this song. We thought we...
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Lovely Fred in the thread Pathetic grovelling cowardly hypocrites
Lovely Fred Of course I understand. Black looks more intimidating so drivers let it pass so they can stay away from it.
sphinx
3 Likes sphinx liked a post by Scrotnig in the thread Suggestions for Track of the Day
Scrotnig Can we please keep this thread for serious suggestions? There are 64,235,654 troll threads on here for people to use if they wish. It's no surprise we don't always get the new subject up on time when doing so means wading through pages of trolling...
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Lovely Fred in the thread Poem of the week - 6 - Autumn
Lovely Fred Got to love that one. The way Willy used images of season to parallel old age is shockingly super duper.
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by misty15 in the thread Poem of the week - 6 - Autumn
misty15 Pleasant Sounds John Clare The rustling of leaves under the feet in woods and under hedges; The crumpling of cat-ice and snow down wood-rides, narrow lanes and every street causeway; Rustling through a wood or rather rushing, while the...
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Luna in the thread Poem of the week - 6 - Autumn
Luna Sonnet 73 By William Shakespeare That time of year thou mayst in me behold When yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hang Upon those boughs which shake against the cold, Bare ruin'd choirs, where late the sweet birds sang. In me thou see'st the...
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by misty15 in the thread Poem of the week - 6 - Autumn
misty15 Autumn Fires By: Robert Louis Stevenson In the other gardens And all up the vale, From the autumn bonfires See the smoke trail! Pleasant summer over And all the summer flowers, The red fire blazes, The grey smoke towers. Sing a song of seasons!...
Chris Mitchell
2 Likes Chris Mitchell liked a post by TortieCat in the thread Hello Everyone
TortieCat Oh yes he was a very elderly gentleman and at the end was completely blind. Your visitor sounds delightful. Now our present Tortie is very odd. She can be extremely soft - no worries about you rubbing her tummy but we think we really...
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Lovely Fred in the thread What should Fred's next username be?
Lovely Fred I have 10X zoom on my mobile
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Joe 90 in the thread What should Fred's next username be?
Joe 90 That could take months. Or years.
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by TortieCat in the thread Hello Everyone
TortieCat Oh yes he was a very elderly gentleman and at the end was completely blind. Your visitor sounds delightful. Now our present Tortie is very odd. She can be extremely soft - no worries about you rubbing her tummy but we think we really...
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Memnoch in the thread "I don't know what happened"
Memnoch As some people here will know, I was a CCF cadet, and I have to own up and say I fired live ammunition with rifles when I was 14 and with automatic weapons when I was 15, so in case anyone thinks I'm being hypocritical here, it took place on...
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by Fork Me in the thread "I don't know what happened"
Fork Me Morons. The parents claim it is not fundamentally safe to entrust an automatic weapon to a nine year old so they took their 9 year old daughter to a firing range to use an automatic weapon. American gun culture continues to amaze me. People being...
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by Memnoch in the thread "I don't know what happened"
Memnoch Yep. They claimed it was "fundamentally unsafe" to entrust an automatic weapon to a nine year old. No shit, Sherlock, and how fundamentally safe and sane was it for her shit-for-brains parents to take a nine year old to a fucking shooting range in...
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Memnoch in the thread "I don't know what happened"
Memnoch "There is no requirement in Arizona for gun range employees to be certified as firearms instructors." And, surprise surprise, he wasn't. However... dead idiot, no problem, but FFS what kind of parent puts a child - little more than a baby - in that...
Fork Me
1 Like Fork Me liked a post by sphinx in the thread Track of the Day
sphinx Snap. :D
sphinx
3 Likes sphinx liked a post by Scrotnig in the thread How Track of the Day works
Scrotnig We have now created this new special forum for Track of the Day, and it will have a separate thread for each day's subject. This is due to its popularity and the fact that it was getting unwieldy the way it was. A couple of requests: 1. We...
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Memnoch in the thread Suggestions for Track of the Day
Memnoch Pop songs based on classical tunes. (Could end up being a Pachelbel-fest, but I promise there are lots more)
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Track of the Day
Fork Me Because it IS different, the clue is in the title.

BC Forums Create Account Today's Posts Activity Stream Latest Likes
  • Quick Links
  •  
    Make A Donation To BC