Activity Stream

Latest Liked Posts

Alice
2 Likes Alice liked a post by bill jarvis in the thread BC Popularity contest
bill jarvis A wise choice, so did I.
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by bill jarvis in the thread TTFN
bill jarvis Have you any proof of your claim, that many companies are moving from the UK?
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Lord Ponsonby in the thread TTFN
Lord Ponsonby They don't know if their houses will fill up with twigs and they will be left homeless. You forgot sky high mortgages and everyone out of work. What a drama queen you are.
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by bill jarvis in the thread BC Popularity contest
bill jarvis A wise choice, so did I.
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by john barnes in the thread BC Popularity contest
john barnes I was not even named in the poll and have been here since its inception, but then again I like being under the radar and watch the big ones bicker their pettiness at one another, I did my civic duty and voted for Mr Jarvis
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Today's bargain in Παπαντονιου
Fork Me I paid over 700 quid to send the contents of my storage locker over (mostly my record collection) a couple of years ago. I'm pretty much here to stay. The pace of life (and the weather) suits me. In my job in particular, all the joy had been taken...
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Today's bargain in Παπαντονιου
Fork Me I used to mentally correct, which was a slow process, now I'm somewhere in between, some words I just "hear" automatically, some I have to mentally spell out. It's like learning to read all over again. I've got so many Russian and Serbian students...
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Memnoch in the thread Today's bargain in Παπαντονιου
Memnoch When replying to the immediately preceding post it isn't always necessary to quote. By convention everyone assumes you are replying to the last post, which I was, but while I was typing, Alice stuck her oar in so I edited to clarify to whom it was...
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Memnoch in the thread I don't normally do weather threads, but...
Memnoch Oh no... Memnoch did a typo (before anyone points it out :-p)
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by Memnoch in the thread TTFN
Memnoch Bragging about one's charitable gifts is awfully poor taste. I never tell anyone I paid 100 for my Breast Cancer Research pin.
sphinx
1 Like sphinx liked a post by bill jarvis in the thread TTFN
bill jarvis The same way you think you know what you say is correct. Mate.
sphinx
2 Likes sphinx liked a post by Lord Ponsonby in the thread TTFN
Lord Ponsonby The consequences are that we are going to get our country back and the decision making moves from Brussels to Westminster. It's really not that difficult.
Fork Me
1 Like Fork Me liked a post by Memnoch in the thread Today's bargain in Παπαντονιου
Memnoch One of the reasons I gave up teaching apprentices was the microscopic accounting of absolutely everything. The main purpose of students' meal breaks/tea breaks was to allow trainers to catch up on paperwork, and the homework meant I was working a...
Fork Me
1 Like Fork Me liked a post by Memnoch in the thread Early morning chuckle
Memnoch TBF we're just as guilty of that. My uncle lived in Tenerife for thirty years and barely spoke a word of Spanish. In fact, we're probably the worst at doing the lingo abroad because English is an international language and a lot of Brits just expect...
Scrotnig
2 Likes Scrotnig liked a post by john barnes in the thread BC Popularity contest
john barnes I was not even named in the poll and have been here since its inception, but then again I like being under the radar and watch the big ones bicker their pettiness at one another, I did my civic duty and voted for Mr Jarvis
nicknotnicked
2 Likes nicknotnicked liked a post by Fork Me in the thread Today's bargain in Παπαντονιου
Fork Me I used to mentally correct, which was a slow process, now I'm somewhere in between, some words I just "hear" automatically, some I have to mentally spell out. It's like learning to read all over again. I've got so many Russian and Serbian students...
nicknotnicked
1 Like nicknotnicked liked a post by Scrotnig in the thread TTFN
Scrotnig Income tax and VAT didn't go up immediately after the result, like Osborne threatened everyone would happen.
nicknotnicked
3 Likes nicknotnicked liked a post by Reg Perrin in the thread BC Popularity contest
Reg Perrin It's a good job Pluto didn't ask "Why is my name in italics?"
nicknotnicked
1 Like nicknotnicked liked a post by bill jarvis in the thread BC Popularity contest
bill jarvis Again?
bill jarvis
2 Likes bill jarvis liked a post by Chris Mitchell in the thread BC Popularity contest
Chris Mitchell Yes, but to be fair, normally polls like that are used as a way of trying to bully a particular poster. In this particular instance, the "victim" of the poll was the person who posted the poll in the first place. Does self-bullying count?
Fork Me
1 Like Fork Me liked a post by Reg Perrin in the thread TTFN
Reg Perrin Anyway...this is pretty academic....Corbyn will be in shortly and it'll be a whole new ball game.
Scrotnig
2 Likes Scrotnig liked a post by Lord Ponsonby in the thread TTFN
Lord Ponsonby The consequences are that we are going to get our country back and the decision making moves from Brussels to Westminster. It's really not that difficult.
Fork Me
1 Like Fork Me liked a post by Alice in the thread Today's bargain in Παπαντονιου
Alice Big deal, we've got Heinz Soup on special. 4 for 2 quid. :yup:
Fork Me
1 Like Fork Me liked a post by Memnoch in the thread Whiggers
Memnoch A chubby Brown gag that only works in a northern accent: The gist of it was he was holidaying in a Spanish villa and he caught the aroma of British Sunday roast emanating from a neighbouring villa, obviously occupied by fellow Brits. However, it...
Fork Me
3 Likes Fork Me liked a post by Reg Perrin in the thread BC Popularity contest
Reg Perrin It's a good job Pluto didn't ask "Why is my name in italics?"

BC Forums Create Account Today's Posts Activity Stream Spy Latest Likes
  • Quick Links
  •  
    Make A Donation To BC