Series 8

1. 6501
    Independent
    United Kingdom
    NOV
    Series 8
    Scrotnig
    But, weren't the Daleks originally built out of the Kaled race? They had emotions, so their must have been a suppression of sorts.
    Removal. It has been mentioned by Davros himself several times.
    Join BC Forums To Reply Join BC Forums To Reply
  2. 6502
    Unsatisfactory ☑️
    BC Team
    BC Team
    United Kingdom
    NOV
    Series 8
    Memnoch
    Removal. It has been mentioned by Davros himself several times.
    Hmm. Perhaps it was "a new Dalek paradigm"....

Moff has not had great success with the Daleks but I believe they are contractually obliged to the Nation estate to use them at least once every series....
  3. 6508
    BC Member
    Norfolk Island
    NOV
    Series 8
    Verdict: Better than the more recent series, still not convinced by Moffat.

Peter Capaldi has been fantastic though. Very convincing as the Doctor. Just wish he had some better stuff to work with, because even though there have been flashes of brilliance here and there, they've been a bit few and far between. Not to mention that Moffat seems to have thrown any kind of consistency to the kerb and doesn't even weave recent Doctor Who history into his narratives, never mind old Who. I mean, considering the Clara character is meant to have seen the whole of the Doctor's lifespan (or did she? I'm not sure, it wasn't obvious - but then in that last episode, she reeled off things about his past only the Doctor would have known), she seemed to get awfully uppity when he did something she wasn't expecting but probably should have expected.

There just seems to be no internal consistency with Moffat's characters and he doesn't seem to know how to juggle them on a long-running series. I think it's probably time they replaced him with someone who's a bit more of a 'big picture' guy.
Page 2 of 2 << First 12

BC Forums Create Account Today's Posts Activity Stream Latest Likes
  • Quick Links
  •