1. 3160
    only here in spirit *hic*
    United Kingdom
    DEC
    If anyone is interested, China, Spain, Monaco, Europe, Britain, Belgium, Singapore, Korea, Abu Dhabi and Brazil are all the F1 races that will be broadcast live on the BBC next year.

The races that are not broadcast live, will be shown as extended highlights at 5pm (90 Mins) and 2pm for early morning racings (2 hours), with Qualifying highlights shown at 5.30 and 1pm respectively.

As ever, not every driver line-up has been finalised, but Renault have signed "Mr Dynamic" himself, i.e. Kimi, and Romain Grosjean. Robert Kubica is still not deemed fit enough to return to F1, although Renault are keen to keep him on their books (They don't want to lose out to Ferrari, assuming he is still as good as he was before the Rally Accident)....

.. and of course, Vettel will win the Championship, and Hamilton will still be a cock.
    Join BC Forums To Reply Join BC Forums To Reply
  2. 3161
    Wear a mask
    DEC
    Disgraceful that only the well off will be able to follow F1 properly next year.

More capitulating to Murdoch.
  3. 3162
    United Kingdom
    DEC
    Skull
    Disgraceful that only the well off will be able to follow F1 properly next year.

More capitulating to Murdoch.
    Much as I despise him, and all he stands for, I have Sky. I was used to having cable for several years, but when I moved, there was no cable service, so Sky was the best option. That said, I would never spend out for the sports package, even though it is not really that much, an additional £20.

The Teams have always wanted it to be on Free-to-air TV, to allow maximum coverage for Sponsors, so they still have their wish, and after all every race is still on the BBC in one form or another, although I would prefer them all to be live.

Another thing is that sky have managed to poach several members of the BBC F1 team. David Croft and Anthony Davidson (From the Radio 5 Live commentary team) and Ted Kravitz and the big "coup" - Martin Brundle.

I've no idea whether Eddie Jordan remains, but Jake Humphrey remains the "host", and Ben Edwards (Former Eurosport Motorsport commentator) joins DC in the commentary box.
  4. 3163
    Unsatisfactory ☑️
    BC Team
    BC Team
    United Kingdom
    DEC
    Durgemeister
    Much as I despise him, and all he stands for, I have Sky. I was used to having cable for several years, but when I moved, there was no cable service, so Sky was the best option. That said, I would never spend out for the sports package, even though it is not really that much, an additional £20.

The Teams have always wanted it to be on Free-to-air TV, to allow maximum coverage for Sponsors, so they still have their wish, and after all every race is still on the BBC in one form or another, although I would prefer them all to be live.

Another thing is that sky have managed to poach several members of the BBC F1 team. David Croft and Anthony Davidson (From the Radio 5 Live commentary team) and Ted Kravitz and the big "coup" - Martin Brundle.

I've no idea whether Eddie Jordan remains, but Jake Humphrey remains the "host", and Ben Edwards (Former Eurosport Motorsport commentator) joins DC in the commentary box.
    I have cable but even that is giving money to Murdoch, just via a "reseller". There's no way round it.

Like you I don't pay for the sports channels. Anything that goes on there, I won't see it. At one time I did have them all, but the price went sillier and sillier and I think if I added those to my Virgin TV phone and broadband package now I'd be looking at around £160 a month - quite outrageous. It's clearly aimed at people with more money than sense (or scrounging families on £30k benefits and a council house, obviously).

So, frankly, I shan't even bother watching the live BBC races. I resent being made to feel like a second class citizen. The patronising way this has been sold as being "good for the sport" irks me. The sport is already rolling in cash.

As much as I enjoy F1 I hope it kills the popularity, which has been growing steadily for years now. I hope it bites them on the arse. I know it won't though. But I'm not playing their game.
  5. 3164
    Independent
    United Kingdom
    DEC
    Durgemeister
    Ben Edwards (Former Eurosport Motorsport commentator) joins DC in the commentary box.
    Ben Edwards and John Watson are the reasons I don't buy eurosport any more. They are, by a very long way, the two most suicidally boring television presenters who ever lived. No one but they could make a 200mph car race sound like a 1 mph funeral procession.
  6. 3165
    BC Member
    DEC
    Memnoch
    Ben Edwards and John Watson are the reasons I don't buy eurosport any more. They are, by a very long way, the two most suicidally boring television presenters who ever lived. No one but they could make a 200mph car race sound like a 1 mph funeral procession.
    Well, I've got Sky Sports so I shall probably watch the F1 coverage, even though I resent it going to Sky like this.
  7. 3171
    United Kingdom
    DEC
    Memnoch
    Yes, I remember Ben Edwards from when I followed CART. Not exactly the most exciting commentary, probably better off with James Hunt, as he is now.
  8. 3172
    Back in Blighty
    United Kingdom
    DEC
    If you want to watch all of the F1 races live for very little, get a cheap satellite dish and receiver and point the dish to at the German Astra satellite (19.2 degrees east) Listen to the the English commentary on radio 5 live. RTL television are showing all the live races free to air for the next 3 years.

BC Forums Create Account Today's Posts Activity Stream Latest Likes
  • Quick Links
  •