Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS

1. 4063
    Unsatisfactory ☑️
    BC Team
    BC Team
    United Kingdom
    APR
    Bit of a letdown frankly. TARDIS corridors that didn't look remotely like they were part of the TARDIS, plus the usual 'time gets reversed' boring ending.

Moffatt needs to move on and focus on the excellent Sherlock. He hasn't the time or motivation for Doctor Who.

I hate to say it but Memnoch was right. We are back in the McCoy era (and that wasn't McCoy's fault incidentally).
    Join BC Forums To Reply Join BC Forums To Reply
  2. 4064
    Independent
    United Kingdom
    APR
    Scrotnig
    TARDIS corridors that didn't look remotely like they were part of the TARDIS
    There have been other episodes showing obscure areas in the TARDIS. The fourth Doctor got lost more than once in parts of the TARDIS that didn't look like they were part of a spaceship. Anyway, it redesigns itself and can look like anything it wants to look like.
  3. 4065
    Unsatisfactory ☑️
    BC Team
    BC Team
    United Kingdom
    APR
    Memnoch
    There have been other episodes showing obscure areas in the TARDIS. The fourth Doctor got lost more than once in parts of the TARDIS that didn't look like they were part of a spaceship. Anyway, it redesigns itself and can look like anything it wants to look like.
    I prefer the idea shown in Logopolis, where other rooms in the TARDIS still had the same white roundel walls as the console room, even if they were darkened and covered with vines and creepers (like the cloister room).

At east make them look like rooms....at one point they were clearly outside. I appreciate the 'disguise as anything' stuff but they took it too far, and clearly for budgetary reasons. If they don't have the money to make this type of story properly, they shouldn't make it at all.

That said, I quite enjoyed it, but it promised more than it delivered. It could have been set on any spaceship, anywhere. And the acting sod the guest cast (the salvagers) was highly ropey.
  4. 4067
    BC Member
    Norfolk Island
    APR
    I don't think they're proofreading their scripts much. I mean, how can the TARDIS have a centre if it's supposedly infinite? Even a child can see that doesn't make sense

I think they need to go back to basics. That's how Russel T. revived it - by stripping it back to the basics of the show - so I think Moffat or whoever follows him (Gatiss maybe? He writes quite a few scripts) should start from that basis. There's too much in the way of "explaining the Doctor's universe" going on at the moment. I mean, that's two episodes in two seasons now, where the TARDIS has played the central role, and twice in Moffat's tenure that the TARDIS has "exploded" only for time to be rewritten.

What happened to Russel T's idea of fixed points in time? That seems to have gone out of the window
  5. 4068
    Smiter of the high and mighty. Google it.
    England
    APR
    I don't think any of it is real.
  6. 4069
    an enemy of the status
    Vatican City State
    APR
    I think Memnoch might really be a dungeon master. There's a bearded, leather-braceletted young guy on the bus who spends his whole time talking fantasy games to his mate - I block most of it out but occasionally I hear things like "hit him in the head three times" and this for me is Memnoch, albeit a distant cousin.
  7. 4070
    England
    APR
    Calidore
    I think Memnoch might really be a dungeon master. There's a bearded, leather-braceletted young guy on the bus who spends his whole time talking fantasy games to his mate - I block most of it out but occasionally I hear things like "hit him in the head three times" and this for me is Memnoch, albeit a distant cousin.
    Not you as well.
  8. 4071
    an enemy of the status
    Vatican City State
    APR
    well, ok it's "guffaw, guffaw, hit him in the head three times"
  9. 4072
    England
    APR
    Happy families then...
  10. 4073
    Independent
    United Kingdom
    APR
    River Poison
    how can the TARDIS have a centre if it's supposedly infinite?
    Higher dimensions innit? An infinitely long line can be completely contained within a finite two dimensional plane. An example is the Koch Snowflake if you want to look it up. By extension of the same mathematical principle, an infinite two dimensional area can be contained in a finite three dimensional space and so on. The TARDIS can therefore be infinite in any number of dimensions provided it is completely contained within a manifold of at least one dimension more, my point here being that the Koch Snowflake, although infinite in a limited sense, nevertheless has a clear, obvious and easily defined centre, namely the geometric centre of the circle which contains it.

HTH
Page 1 of 3 123 Last >>

BC Forums Create Account Today's Posts Activity Stream Latest Likes
  • Quick Links
  •