Picture repair

1. 3001
    BC Member
    United Kingdom
    NOV
    Picture repair
    I have been trying to repair an old picture of me when I was 21(?) Please tell me where I've gone wrong
    Join BC Forums To Reply Join BC Forums To Reply
  2. 3002
    Unsatisfactory ☑️
    BC Team
    BC Team
    United Kingdom
    NOV
    Picture repair
    May be worth posting this in the Photography forum with a bit of information about what you've tried so far and where it's going wrong....there are several photographers lurking about who may be able to help.
  3. 3003
    BC Member
    United Kingdom
    NOV
    Picture repair
    Why did I not think of that?
  4. 3065
    Unsatisfactory ☑️
    BC Team
    BC Team
    United Kingdom
    SEP
    Picture repair
    cliveanne
    I have been trying to repair an old picture of me when I was 21(?) Please tell me where I've gone wrong
    Test
  5. 3152
    Eat More Beef
    United_States
    NOV
    Picture repair
    I found the Group once made visible, Is this Question in reference to the B&W or the color ?

I think this could be better but like all repairs its a matter of the amount of time you spend and the tools you choose.
    first I would create a copy layer so none of my repairs mucked up parts of the original that were already good.
    looks like you used the smudge tool a little heavy . What was the resolution you used on the original scan ? It almost looks as if you worked on it at near this resolution. If you can rescan it at 1200 dpi you will find sooo much more detail and ease to hide your repairs when it is down sized again.

What program are you using ?
  6. 3305
    BC Member
    United Kingdom
    FEB
    Picture repair
    Hi, it's a very long time since I was here. So long, I had forgotten all about this. When I scanned the photo I had no idea as to the settings, in fact, I was lucky the scanner worked at all.
    I have since replaced the scanner. I have also purchased Elements10 in the last few weeks, I might have another go before too long. I no longer have the original picture which is a bummer. The lady (ex-girlfriend back in the 60's), wanted it back as she was not staying for long. I made a copy to play with so that is still on my 'puter.

I have recently started a photo group, we meet once a month, self help with assistance (I hope). It's early days as yet, but I'm going to see what, if anything the new group has in the way of knowledge.

Thank you for taking a look, you seemed to have made an improvement to my effort. (If you want to comment on anything, I can be found at peter.studden@gmail.com Subject line "Ref:BC photo group" It sorts out the spam)
    Cheers.Cliveanne (Peter)

I forgot to mention... I think the program used was Serif Photoplus10.

BC Forums Create Account Today's Posts Activity Stream Latest Likes
  • Quick Links
  •