Blog: Blog Of An Admin

Posted by Scrotnig on 8th October 2011 at 15:06 (1809 Views)
OCT
A job in the city!
10 Comments
Rate this Entry
As of Monday, I have a job in the city!

Well, ok, it's not the City Of London. It's the City Of Manchester. Still, it's a start.

My employers of the past three years decided earlier this year to sell the bulk of their "old" customer base off to a competitor. This is because they have been moving into other markets. They picked about a dozen of the staff who worked on that "side" of the business, and retained them after the sale.

There was then a "split" of the two businesses to carry out, during which people who had previously worked for the same company now worked for two different ones. Up until Friday 7th Oct we all still worked in the same office.

Gradually the businesses have separated. Both companies are now moving to new offices. The company I am with finished in the old office on Friday, a very sad time saying goodbye to colleagues we have worked with for years.

My company is moving to Manchester City Centre and my job carries on there from Monday at 8am.
Categories
Scrotnig's Run Of the Mill Musings

Comments

1. Equinox -
    OCT
    I hope you're nowhere near the gay village and all those queer shenanigans.
  2. Scrotnig -
    OCT
    Equinox
    I hope you're nowhere near the gay village and all those queer shenanigans.
    No. Other side of the city. The manly bit.
  3. wratha -
    OCT
    Any closer to home?
  4. Scrotnig -
    OCT
    wratha
    Any closer to home?
    Yes...though the time and money savings are largely offset by the cost of parking and the fact that I'll now be driving to work IN the traffic jams, rather than driving away from them as previously.
  5. Up-Lift -
    OCT
    I hope it all goes well for you.Good Luck !
  6. Scrotnig -
    OCT
    Up-Lift
    I hope it all goes well for you.Good Luck !
    Thanks
  7. Scrotnig -
    OCT
    A job in the city!
    Scrotnig
    As of Monday, I have a job in the city!

Well, ok, it's not the City Of London. It's the City Of Manchester. Still, it's a start.

My employers of the past three years decided earlier this year to sell the bulk of their "old" customer base off to a competitor. This is because they have been moving into other markets. They picked about a dozen of the staff who worked on that "side" of the business, and retained them after the sale.

There was then a "split" of the two businesses to carry out, during which people who had previously worked for the same company now worked for two different ones. Up until Friday 7th Oct we all still worked in the same office.

Gradually the businesses have separated. Both companies are now moving to new offices. The company I am with finished in the old office on Friday, a very sad time saying goodbye to colleagues we have worked with for years.

My company is moving to Manchester City Centre and my job carries on there from Monday at 8am.
    I am delighted with my new office and am actually enjoying my job! Probably the first time ever!

How cool is that?
  8. Evil -
    OCT
    Very cool.
  9. Scrotnig -
    OCT
    Evil
    Very cool.
    It does make a change for me. I feel as though I have spent a lifetime moaning about whatever job I had at the time, and that's because they always were generally pretty crap. So this is quite something, even though I haven't technically changed employers this time.
  10. Scrotnig -
    JUN
    Eight months I've been in the new office now...time doesn't half fly.

Seems just "normal" now, funny how the novelty soon wears off.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:

BC Forums Create Account Today's Posts Activity Stream Latest Likes
  • Quick Links
  •  
    Make A Donation To BC