PDA

View Full Version : Selfish citizens

Calidore
11th April 2006, 13:33
the scene of a market, turning a wide street pedestrian, at the narrow end of which is erected a light plastic red and white barrier to stop whatever cars might have thought they had a chance at getting in..

next thing, along comes a mother with seven year old boy and young toddler.

kid doesn't see plastic barrier and walks into it, knocking it off, and mother and party leave it lying, and pass on before stopping and examining kid's leg, in earshot of me, eating sandwich from said market

"silly barrier", says mother, glowering back at unoperational board and bollards, "it didn't work anyhow"

"well it's not much use lying there now is it?" said a voice from inside my head

"he hurt himself" said mother in whingy sort of way

"that's a shame" said the voice from in my head

"yes, that's a shame" said the woman sarcastically before walking off and leaving barrier in pieces on the road where anyone could trip over it and properly injure themselves...

what a nitwit this woman was, given I wasn't howling in agony, my mother would have put the barrier back and then gone on our way...

what a disgrace.

nicknotnicked
11th April 2006, 14:02
818606 In 818606 Calidore said:
the scene of a market, turning a wide street pedestrian, at the narrow end of which is erected a light plastic red and white barrier to stop whatever cars might have thought they had a chance at getting in..

next thing, along comes a mother with seven year old boy and young toddler.

kid doesn't see plastic barrier and walks into it, knocking it off, and mother and party leave it lying, and pass on before stopping and examining kid's leg, in earshot of me, eating sandwich from said market

"silly barrier", says mother, glowering back at unoperational board and bollards, "it didn't work anyhow"

"well it's not much use lying there now is it?" said a voice from inside my head

"he hurt himself" said mother in whingy sort of way

"that's a shame" said the voice from in my head

"yes, that's a shame" said the woman sarcastically before walking off and leaving barrier in pieces on the road where anyone could trip over it and properly injure themselves...

what a nitwit this woman was, given I wasn't howling in agony, my mother would have put the barrier back and then gone on our way...

what a disgrace.

Some people have no thought for others at all Cali,and this proves it.
Did you replace the barrier?

Calidore
11th April 2006, 14:09
no.

nicknotnicked
11th April 2006, 14:11
Says it all really doesn't it?

Herman
11th April 2006, 14:16
818618 In 818618 nicknotnicked said:
Says it all really doesn't it?

Yes it does but what do you expect from a junkie who's spanked out of his mind?