PDA

View Full Version : DON'T use recorded delivery

Scrotnig
1st April 2006, 12:19
Here's another rant.

Last Saturday (afternoon!!) the post office attempted to deliver a recorded delivery item while I was out. It was my passport, being returned to me by a recruitment agency. As I was out, the Post Office left a card advising me to collect it from the sorting office.

The card states they hold it for ONE WEEK before RETURNING it. As the office is only open Mon-Sat 9am to midday, my only option was to wait until today, as not being a dole shirker or a public sector skiver I actually have to WORK during the week in order to keep dole shirkers and public sector skivers supplied with beer and fags.

Anyway, I turn up today to find the rules have changed: not only do they only hold recorded delivery items for FIVE days, they also DESTROY them if uncollected. This is apparently to save costs in returning items to sender. If you want it returned you now have to use the more expensive registered post service.

So, in a nutshell, the post office have destroyed my bloody passport!!!:@

On top of that, when I asked the post office worker how someone with a normal full time job was meant to get round this issue, he told me to 'take a day off work'. Well, I've got news for the pampered skiving militant shirkers in the post office - those of us in the private sector cannot actually do that! We can't, as you lot do, simply decide not to bother going in, because if we do that we don't get paid and we do get sacked!

So now I am faced with paying an absolute fortune to replace a passport the post office took it upon themselves to destroy, despite their own card clearly stating "seven days or return to sender".

The sooner this bunch of overpaid, underworked, miltant, ever-striking nationalised bunch of shirkers is privatised and largely got rid of, the better. They are a relic from the seventies!

Dordie
1st April 2006, 12:30
813689 In 813689 Mark.B said:
The sooner this bunch of overpaid, underworked, miltant, ever-striking nationalised bunch of shirkers is privatised and largely got rid of, the better. They are a relic from the seventies!

Doubtless they are well covered by 'government guidelines'

Remember, it is Brown who will prosper at your misfortune!

Think yourself lucky you are not a parent! Had you kept a child off school to intercept the postman, Brown would have got you again, fined for keeping your kid off school.

I could go on but if I do Brown will be swimming in it.....*pardon my sarcasm!*

I think you know my theme.

Herman
1st April 2006, 12:33
I totally agree with you Mark. I would actually take legal advice on this one mate and obtaim compensation to pay for the new passport. Also, tell the Dailt Mail about it - email them. :contract:

sphinx
1st April 2006, 13:19
I agree with Herman. You are entitled to compensation, plus you will have to notify the Passport office of the reason why you are applying for another one. They are always reluctant to provide replacements when the old one has mysteriously disappeared. fraud etc. I hope you have kept the slip of paper from the post office delivery? Also, get in touch with the person who was sending the passport back to you. I think recorded delivery is covered by some sort of insurance isn't it?

nicknotnicked
1st April 2006, 13:24
Personally I would have gone into super strop mode and probably been forcibly removed from there.
Mark I would definitely take this further and also claim for time off work just to rub it in to them

lynlegs
1st April 2006, 13:38
my daughter buys off ebay the post man dont even knock at the door all he dose is put the card through the letter box then she as to phone up to make a plane to pick up her goods and she as left it for over seven days

euphoria
1st April 2006, 13:58
I agree with Herman. Kick up a stink!
I had my old passport sent back to me whilst I was on holiday, when I found it, the envelope had been slit open all across one edge.
I had to complain to the Post Office as I was worried about identity theft.
The post office is in a state and they just don't give a shit about the publics post anymore.

Colonel
1st April 2006, 14:12
Sorry to hear about this distressing incident Mark. I had the same happen to me when I retuned from America in November last. Two cards left for items to pick up, one I knew would not be a problem but the other one I have not even had sent to me from the consignor.

Things valuable like passports should IMO only be sent registered. More expensive I know but they have to deliver and cannot destroy.

Colonel

Reg The Perring
1st April 2006, 14:15
813689 In 813689 Mark.B said:
Anyway, I turn up today to find the rules have changed: not only do they only hold recorded delivery items for FIVE days, they also DESTROY them if uncollected. This is apparently to save costs in returning items to sender. If you want it returned you now have to use the more expensive registered post service.

They are a right bunch or wankers. I once got something sent to me in which the value of stamps on it, was 5p less than it should be. I was out at the time so had to go to the office on a Saturday morning to pick it up - I was charged 1.

Herman
1st April 2006, 14:19
813769 In 813769 Reg The Perring said:
I was charged 1.
I'd have charged you a lot more, :nutkick:

Dordie
1st April 2006, 14:28
I worked at the post office when on Xmas hols. Above the sorting area was a balcony, where individuals observed the actions of those doing the sorting.

The delivery postman was charged for the correct stamps due before he left the building, if he failed to claim it from the customer he lost it.

How many things in my piece above infringe on today's human rights?

That is the answer as to why it is easy to rob and not do a good job........your frigging 'Rights'

jax
1st April 2006, 14:59
Some people destroy all their identification documents and live for free happily ever after. :coffee:

Dordie
1st April 2006, 15:03
813814 In 813814 jax said:
Some people destroy all their identification documents and live for free happily ever after. :coffee:

And they refuse to disclose where they are from....put them on a raft and shove them out.

Better still shoot the b*stards.

Reg Perrin
1st April 2006, 15:16
It's absolutely disgusting that they think they've the right to destroy something belonging to someone else. Think of all the money and valuables that will needlesly be destroyed! It's a fuckin cheek!!

Twinkle
1st April 2006, 15:52
Thats bloody stupid, you would think they would allow a couple of weeks really, just to take into consideration ppl on holidays.
Personally I would take it up with the agency, as it is them who have failed to return it to you, they should have taken far more care with such documents. They will of course be insured by the record delivery service up to 30, they will just have to cough the rest up.

Scrotnig
1st April 2006, 15:55
The Royal Mail website still states that recorded delivery items are returned to sender.

I am wondering if I am being given the runaround. Have they lost it or something and covering their (fat) arses?

Twinkle
1st April 2006, 15:58
813827 In 813827 Mark.B said:
The Royal Mail website still states that recorded delivery items are returned to sender.

I am wondering if I am being given the runaround. Have they lost it or something and covering their (fat) arses?

Told you Mark, take it up with the company that sent it to you, you know the ppl who had your passport.

jax
1st April 2006, 17:11
A lot of passports go missing every year they are worth a lot of money on the black market.

Chris Mitchell
1st April 2006, 20:20
Complain! I recently had *two* recorded delivery items go astray - I was told I could claim compensation, but so far all they've done is send me a letter saying "we checked with the sorting office and they couldn't find it either; I hope this satisfactorily deals with your complaint." They haven't even offered to refund my postage!!

Reg Perrin
1st April 2006, 20:35
813827 In 813827 Mark.B said:

This is what I don't understand Mark. When an adopter sends me an update for a birth parent I send a recorded delivery letter to the birth parent in order to confirm they're still at the address we have on them. I've still been getting stuff back saying "gone away" "not at this address" "not collected". It'll really screw our system up if they start destroying these "address confirmation" letters I send out.

Reg The Perring
1st April 2006, 20:36
813860 In 813860 jax said:
A lot of passports go missing every year they are worth a lot of money on the black market.

Is this statement to be accepted in its literal context or is it one of your racist jokes?

Colonel
1st April 2006, 20:41
813908 In 813908 Reg The Perring said:
Is this statement to be accepted in its literal context or is it one of your racist jokes?

It is a well known fact dickhead.

Colonel

Reg The Perring
1st April 2006, 21:56
813909 In 813909 Colonel said:
It is a well known fact dickhead.

Wot - selling them to Black people?

sphinx
1st April 2006, 22:01
813945 In 813945 Reg The Perring said:

Are you not familiar with the spoken English language? :s8

We have lots of quaint expressions, like 'Black Market' which has nothing whatsoever to do with the Black-skinned people you are so anxious to defend.

Personally I think you insult them by assuming that they need defending. :yup2:

Colonel
1st April 2006, 22:04
813945 In 813945 Reg The Perring said:

You obviously lead a sheltered and closeted existence, god knows where. I suggest you read some of the local papers in South London and then you will find that Passports are big business down here, as are driving licences, insurance certificates and the usual credit card factories. The Police are always finding stashes of them as they raid various premises known to them.

Colonel

jax
2nd April 2006, 10:52
In my day the local postman (who was known to all) would leave anything with a neighbour or throw it in through the never locked door.

But the 'bad old days' have gone and kids will murder their grandparents these days for a fix, so much for social 'modernising' by load of liberal non-jobs.

Reg The Perring
2nd April 2006, 13:21
813958 In 813958 Colonel said:
You obviously lead a sheltered and closeted existence, god knows where. I suggest you read some of the local papers in South London and then you will find that Passports are big business down here, as are driving licences, insurance certificates and the usual credit card factories. The Police are always finding stashes of them as they raid various premises known to them.

Colonel

So when you refer to "black market" you don't actually mean that it is Black people selling or buying them so that they can have British citizenship - is that right? Well in any case the terminology is politically incorrect on the basis that it is racist and should be banned.

nicknotnicked
2nd April 2006, 13:23
814317 In 814317 Reg The Perring said:
So when you refer to "black market" you don't actually mean that it is Black people selling or buying them so that they can have British citizenship - is that right? Well in any case the terminology is politically incorrect on the basis that it is racist and should be banned.

So perhaps we should ban white people from burning black coal?

Arthur
2nd April 2006, 13:34

What a load of politically motivated censorship crap.

Black Market it origin in English culture

In medieval England there were nomadic mercenaries who wandered the country side and would sell their services to the highest bidder. These were hardened fighters who lived solitary lives in the wilderness.
They did not have the luxury of servants to polish their armor and it would oxidize to a blackish hue, and they came to be known as black knights.

At local town festivals they would have exhibition jousting matches in which the winner of the fight would win the loser's weapons and armor. The local gentry, softened by the good life, would lose to these black knights.

The nomadic knights didn't have much use for an extra set of armor and would sell it back to them immediately after the fight. The losing nobility would be forced to buy back their armor and this after market came to be known as the "Black Market

If you actually understood what racism means and actually is you may be half way to understand it, luckily the majority in this form know what you are and what your aims are :troll:

Colonel
2nd April 2006, 13:47

It appears that you do not read too well either RTP. Please point me to the post where I mentioned "Black Market".

To try and give you an insight with appearing to be racist is very difficult with you, but let me say that the vast majority of those people who are dealing in this type of scam are, in the main, Nigerians, Albanians(Hardly a white race) and a lot of West Indians.

Everything I say is politically incorrect, but that has no effect on me whatsoever. PC is something that I do not understand being a normal person.

A black man is a black man, simple as that.

I notice that you have started to show your true colours in your signature. Dont ever come near me spouting your crap.

Colonel

Reg The Perring
2nd April 2006, 13:52
814318 In 814318 nicknotnicked said:
So perhaps we should ban white people from burning black coal?

We are all aware that coal can only be one colour - so therefore we only need to ban the terminology 'black coal'.

Reg The Perring
2nd April 2006, 13:58
814319 In 814319 Arthur said:
The local gentry, softened by the good life, would lose to these black knights.

'Black knights' - another racist term which should be banned.

nicknotnicked
2nd April 2006, 13:59
How about reviving the words white prat as in your case?

Colonel
2nd April 2006, 14:02
814323 In 814323 Reg The Perring said:
'Black knights' - another racist term which should be banned.

So that's the end of the wonderful game of Chess then.

I think all your brains are in your little toe.

Colonel

jax
2nd April 2006, 14:25
Lets get rid of this stupid racist and PC bllx and the only way we can do that is to stick to Britishness and anyone who doesn't like it then piss off!

Other countries cling to their cultures and so should we.

Lets have the golliwogs back on the marmalade jars.

Idiots like Perrin have created an aparthied society not us nationalist, loyalist keep Britain British types.

Kick the traitors out!

sphinx
2nd April 2006, 14:26
I hope all pubs with Pool tables will take notice. :o :o :o Perhaps they should change the colours of the pool balls? :s8

The TV programme *Pot Black* had better look out as well. :(

Colonel
2nd April 2006, 14:32
Perhaps they need to change the name of the "Black Hole of Calcutta"

Colonel

Reg The Perring
2nd April 2006, 14:39
814342 In 814342 Colonel said:
Perhaps they need to change the name of the "Black Hole of Calcutta"

Colonel

Yes indeed they should.

jax
2nd April 2006, 14:41
I see the police arrested a shopkeeper who had been burgled regulary by scumbags and put a sign on his door mentioning scum and Bagdhad.

It was apparently against public order laws.

jax
2nd April 2006, 14:42
814349 In 814349 Reg The Perring said:
Yes indeed they should.

Why?

Arthur
2nd April 2006, 19:39
814324 In 814324 nicknotnicked said:
How about reviving the words white prat as in your case?

He's a prat in any colour and a very insecure one at that

jax
3rd April 2006, 11:00
Could you be arrested for giving someone a black look?

Arthur
3rd April 2006, 15:46
814805 In 814805 jax said:
Could you be arrested for giving someone a black look?

Would not surprise me in the least these days