PDA

View Full Version : Manchester City Council

Scrotnig
23rd February 2006, 22:32
Well, it's good to know that crime in my city is being tackled in a productive way.

Manchester City Council is again going to employ someone to stand with a loud hailer and shout at people who drop litter in the city centre.

Isn't it marvellous when you have unlimited taxpayers money available to squander on crackpot schemes like this? What planet do these people live on?

:loopy:

lynlegs
23rd February 2006, 22:42
its the same here who would send the road sweepers round on Wednesday and the dust men Thursday

NiNjiiN
23rd February 2006, 23:15
I hear Mankyland is being considered to be run by a people's elected mayor, along with Liverpool. Your chance to make a difference? xxx

Scrotnig
23rd February 2006, 23:39
795436 In 795436 ninjiin said:
I hear Mankyland is being considered to be run by a people's elected mayor, along with Liverpool. Your chance to make a difference? xxx

No. It will simply be yet another overpaid corrupt politician who'll find an excuse to put the council tax up.

NiNjiiN
23rd February 2006, 23:48
795452 In 795452 Mark.B said:
No. It will simply be yet another overpaid corrupt politician who'll find an excuse to put the council tax up.

No better off either way then? Council tax will rise until thay give it a new name.xxx

Dordie
23rd February 2006, 23:59
795407 In 795407 Mark.B said:
Well, it's good to know that crime in my city is being tackled in a productive way.

Manchester City Council is again going to employ someone to stand with a loud hailer and shout at people who drop litter in the city centre.

Isn't it marvellous when you have unlimited taxpayers money available to squander on crackpot schemes like this? What planet do these people live on?

:loopy:

It's the old central control. Do all you can to keep down the unemployment figures or we will install commissioners to run your council.

Check out the commissioner bit, it's a fact. You follow their guidelines or else.

Bill. MC
24th February 2006, 00:02
795413 In 795413 lynlegs said:
its the same here who would send the road sweepers round on Wednesday and the dust men Thursday

Therein lies the economy; employ a person to stand with a loud hailer and shout at people who drop litter in the city centre, while sacking the road sweepers.

lynlegs
24th February 2006, 00:27
and did you know it's a 50 fine aswell if the street wardens see you drop litter

Dordie
24th February 2006, 00:43
795469 In 795469 lynlegs said:
and did you know it's a 50 fine aswell if the street wardens see you drop litter

To be quite frank Lyn, I agree with litter louts being fined.

I feel guilty if I scatter rubbish. In fact, I am gulty if I do it.

lynlegs
24th February 2006, 00:48
795475 In 795475 Dordie said:
To be quite frank Lyn, I agree with litter louts being fined.

I feel guilty if I scatter rubbish. In fact, I am gulty if I do it.

why not take it home and put it in the bin my friend got done 50 for a fag but out side her office thats how hot they are round here