PDA

View Full Version : Infidelity

Katitude
19th August 2004, 18:55
I know affairs have happened since the dawn of time, but could technology, ie: mobile phones/internet, be making it far more easier to cheat these days, than let's say, 30, 40, 50 years ago?

The internet opens up a doorway for us to meet people. People of whom we'd been unlikely to meet in the everyday 'real' world. IMO, the internet is a 'breeding' ground, for those seeking affairs.

However........

I also think that if a partner is that way inclined to cheat on you, then despite having use of a mobile phone and internet access, it's something that they are going to regardless.....and down the local pub if they get the chance.

lee
19th August 2004, 20:27
In Post , said:

Mobile phones make it harder to cheat.

You have to make an excuse as to why you didn't answer it at 3.25pm.

"Oh I left it in the car by mistake".

That's always a good one.

Best thing to do is have an open relationship whereby you can have a shag if you get lucky.

Lee

Katitude
19th August 2004, 21:04
521260 In Post 521260, lee said:

You have to make an excuse as to why you didn't answer it at 3.25pm.

"Oh I left it in the car by mistake".

Lee

Like we women are likely to fall for that one.....lol. I'd say it was a pretty gullible woman who would.

I think mobile phones make it far easier to cheat and to continue on in affairs.

Your fancy woman/man can make discreet phonecalls to you, without having to call your home telephone number and hanging up when your partner may answer.

One of the first clues to an affair used to be hangups at the other end of the phone.

River Poison
20th August 2004, 00:26
521240 In Post 521240, Katitude said:
I also think that if a partner is that way inclined to cheat on you, then despite having use of a mobile phone and internet access, it's something that they are going to regardless.....and down the local pub if they get the chance.

Indeed - I'd say that you can't blame the communication channels, you can only blame the person.

Monodactyl
20th August 2004, 00:51
If you're meeting people via the Internet, it's probably because you have no chance of getting a shag through the normal channels. :D

River Poison
20th August 2004, 00:53
521365 In Post 521365, Monodactyl said:
If you're meeting people via the Internet, it's probably because you have no chance of getting a shag through the normal channels. :D

Sad but true x:0

kneebs76
21st August 2004, 00:01
521240 In Post 521240, Katitude said:
<snip>

However........

exactly - what I've always wondered is why someone would cheat, and if someone was cheating on me, I'd be wondering what I was(n't) doing to cause it

Katitude
21st August 2004, 00:07
521365 In Post 521365, Monodactyl said:

Oh? Is your opinion based on experience? x:3

Yep, I would agree. Saying that though, if you can't get a shag through the normal channels, then when you meet the 'other' person from the internet, you are very unlikely to get a shag either.....lol

Katitude
21st August 2004, 00:10
521724 In Post 521724, kneebs76 said:
exactly - what I've always wondered is why someone would cheat, and if someone was cheating on me, I'd be wondering what I was(n't) doing to cause it

There are lots of reasons why people cheat hon and it isn't always to do with what you've done/may have not done. Sometimes it's all about them and their own selfish needs and not YOU!

kneebs76
21st August 2004, 00:38
well, me personally, if i was seein someone, and felt the need / want to shag someone else, i reckon i'd have to finish with the current 'bird' first. Some of my mates have shagged other women though, mainly through too many s:24 of them though. Not a regular thing, and they've since regretted it....

Do you reckon your other halfs been putting it about like Kat ? Or care to confess to something ? :rofl:

Monodactyl
21st August 2004, 00:54
521728 In Post 521728, Katitude said:
Oh? Is your opinion based on experience? x:3

Yep, I would agree. Saying that though, if you can't get a shag through the normal channels, then when you meet the 'other' person from the internet, you are very unlikely to get a shag either.....lol
Actually my opinion is based on the wisdom of Herb Zipper, Cyber-Lovah par excellence. :D

Fidelity is something I feel strongly about, and I've never cheated on a partner.
I have 'aided and abetted' others to do that though, and felt sort of guilty but told myself that it was their responsibility, not mine. I accept that's kind of a cop-out though. :-s

River Poison
21st August 2004, 01:03
I couldn't be an infidel either :s8

Chris Mitchell
21st August 2004, 01:05
OK, Mono - I appreciate the plug, but that's enough. Any more quotes, and I'll have to ask for royalties.

Your friend,

Herbston.

Monodactyl
21st August 2004, 01:06
521792 In Post 521792, Chris Mitchell said:
OK, Mono - I appreciate the plug, but that's enough. Any more quotes, and I'll have to ask for royalties.

Your friend,

Herbston.
Whore!! :ner:

Chris Mitchell
21st August 2004, 01:10
521793 In Post 521793, Monodactyl said:
Whore!! :ner:
Yes, I was overdoing it. I've taken the plug out now. Shall I post it back to you, Mono? (It's OK - I've washed it).

Monodactyl
21st August 2004, 01:17
521800 In Post 521800, Chris Mitchell said:
Yes, I was overdoing it. I've taken the plug out now. Shall I post it back to you, Mono? (It's OK - I've washed it).
No, you're okay.... I've just been talked into a colonic irrigation.

Chris Mitchell
21st August 2004, 01:22
521809 In Post 521809, Monodactyl said:
No, you're okay.... I've just been talked into a colonic irrigation.
I shouldn't bother, Mono. I bought a kit for one of those once, and it tasted disgusting. For all the good it did me, I might as well have shoved it up me arse.

Katitude
21st August 2004, 12:02
521757 In Post 521757, kneebs76 said:
well, me personally, if i was seein someone, and felt the need / want to shag someone else, i reckon i'd have to finish with the current 'bird' first.

But let's assume you are married with children Kneebs and feel the need to shag someone else, what then? Are you going to dump your marriage, wife and kids? Easy to dump one bird for another bird when there are no responsibilities involved.

Some of my mates have shagged other women though, mainly through too many s:24 of them though. Not a regular thing, and they've since regretted it....

hmm and how many were actually married?

Do you reckon your other halfs been putting it about like Kat ? Or care to confess to something ? :rofl:

I've never had any reason to think that he is, I trust him completely.

Katitude
21st August 2004, 12:08
521775 In Post 521775, Monodactyl said:
Actually my opinion is based on the wisdom of Herb Zipper, Cyber-Lovah par excellence. :D

Sorry, you've lost me x:3

Fidelity is something I feel strongly about, and I've never cheated on a partner.
I have 'aided and abetted' others to do that though, and felt sort of guilty but told myself that it was their responsibility, not mine. I accept that's kind of a cop-out though. :-s

Infidelity is something I feel very strongly about also. I too have never ever cheated nor been unfaithful to a partner, nor have I been tempted too. Sometimes think I am not normal because I seem to be surrounded by cheaters.......lol, friends, family, etc.

I have also aided and abetted and felt kinda guilty. But as you say, at the end of the day it is their responsibilty. Even if I'd chosen not to aid and abet, they'd likely have found other ways and means to continue their affairs.

lee
21st August 2004, 16:28
In Post , said:

I too feel very strongly about infidelity.

I feel a strong urge bulging in my Y-fronts when i see my next door neighbour. I shagged the one on one side - why not go for the double?

Lee

kneebs76
21st August 2004, 17:31
521850 In Post 521850, Katitude said:
But let's assume you are married with children Kneebs and feel the need to shag someone else, what then? Are you going to dump your marriage, wife and kids? Easy to dump one bird for another bird when there are no responsibilities involved.

When I'm married with kids, I hope I'll never feel the urge, but if i did put it about, I reckon I'd try to keep schtum about it, and hope I never got found out.

hmm and how many were actually married?

None, but 1 is living with his girlfriend of about 10 years :erm:

I've never had any reason to think that he is, I trust him completely.

So is it you then ? :rofl:

Oh, and you've never seen Herb Zipper, cyber lovah extroadinairre ?

http://www.herbzipper.com/watchthevideo.html

Katitude
21st August 2004, 17:54
521902 In Post 521902, lee said:
I too feel very strongly about infidelity.

I feel a strong urge bulging in my Y-fronts when i see my next door neighbour. I shagged the one on one side - why not go for the double?

Lee

you WHORE-MONGER :rofl3:

Katitude
21st August 2004, 17:57
So is it you then ?

No.....lol

Could be tonight tho after I've had a few drinks.

Am off to Newcastle town centre tonight :banana7:

kneebs76
21st August 2004, 18:03
521927 In Post 521927, Katitude said:
So is it you then ?

No.....lol

Could be tonight tho after I've had a few drinks.

Am off to Newcastle town centre tonight :banana7:

Have a few for me (drinks, not men !!) :e7. I shall be enjoying the delights that saturday evening telly has to offer. :*rolleye:

And watch out for all them geordies :g8

Laup
21st August 2004, 20:45
Emotional infidelity is far worse than physical infidelity.

Katitude
23rd August 2004, 17:34
521966 In Post 521966, Laup said:

I'd agree Laup.

However, if either occured in my relationship, he'd be out the door shit hot!

River Poison
23rd August 2004, 23:49
521966 In Post 521966, Laup said:

I'm not so sure about that - it is certainly more unhealthy for a relationship, but morally? Oh don't listen to me, I'm just trying to justify past mistakes.

Katitude
24th August 2004, 00:06
521929 In Post 521929, kneebs76 said:
Have a few for me (drinks, not men !!) :e7. I shall be enjoying the delights that saturday evening telly has to offer. :*rolleye:

Poor Kneebs. One day I might invite you out with me and my m8's :rofl3:

And watch out for all them geordies :g8

The place was chocka with them - disgraceful!! :o:o

Katitude
24th August 2004, 00:10
522773 In Post 522773, River Poison said:
I'm not so sure about that - it is certainly more unhealthy for a relationship, but morally? Oh don't listen to me, I'm just trying to justify past mistakes.

Neither are desirable hon. :(

Emotional infidelity - you risk losing the one you love to another and often do.

Physical infidelity - you might get aids and other sexual diseases.

You can't win eitherway with either - so that is why my partner would be out shit hot in any instance.

River Poison
24th August 2004, 00:55
522784 In Post 522784, Katitude said:
Emotional infidelity - you risk losing the one you love to another and often do.

I know, but sometimes you just can't help how you feel about someone, can you? If it's physical attraction, it would be easily overcome (in my case, anyway), but other times, it's just not that simple...

kneebs76
24th August 2004, 00:56
522783 In Post 522783, Katitude said:
Poor Kneebs. One day I might invite you out with me and my m8's :rofl3:

:q5 :e6 I'll get the first round in :banana1:

Monodactyl
24th August 2004, 00:59
522815 In Post 522815, River Poison said:
If it's physical attraction, it would be easily overcome (in my case, anyway),
You mean, she could push you off? :rofl3:

River Poison
24th August 2004, 01:17
:p

No, I just mean that physical attraction doesn't really account for much for me, so if I was to be physically attracted to someone, it wouldn't be something I'd act upon.

Monodactyl
24th August 2004, 01:34
:lies:
I believe you RP. :-|

:hump: <<< Rp's favourite smiley

River Poison
24th August 2004, 01:46
It's not my most used though :s8 <---- that is :D