View Full Version : Women get more violent on their periods

parsonstreet
24th July 2017, 00:13
Apparently.

Have you experienced this?

A lady in America got found not guilty of murder because of this.. :dance:

superwoman
24th July 2017, 00:31
Scrot.........parsonstreet wants to know if you get more violent during your period........do you????

TheDruid 3X3
24th July 2017, 02:18
I knew my Grand Mother to become Violently Angry on several Occasions and she was beyond having her Periods.

So I do not think that had anything to do with it.

3X3

TheDruid 3X3
24th July 2017, 02:19

What Case was that? Maybe she has found Not Guilty by being Temporarily Insane instead of whether or not she was having her Period.

3X3

parsonstreet
24th July 2017, 02:39
In the UK, PMDD or in general PMS has already been used as a legal defense since the 1980s. In the case of 18-year-old Anna Reynolds, who was accused of murdering her mother, PMS was used in court as a mitigating factor that reduced her sentence to manslaughter

http://www.neulaw.org/blog/1034-class-blog/1743-pms-as-a-legal-defense

parsonstreet
24th July 2017, 02:43
"In 1980, Sandie Craddock, a London barmaid, stabbed a co-worker to death. She was charged with murder but convicted of manslaughter, and her defence was a first.
Craddock, who had a long list of prior convictions, argued that her mood had been significantly affected by her period."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35206423

Lord Ponsonby
24th July 2017, 06:31
I knew my Grand Mother to become Violently Angry on several Occasions and she was beyond having her Periods.

So I do not think that had anything to do with it.

3X3

That is known as the menopause, old boy. A far more dangerous and destructive animal. Potentially life threatening and life wrecking at the very least,

Reg Perrin
24th July 2017, 07:33
That is known as the menopause, old boy. A far more dangerous and destructive animal. Potentially life threatening and life wrecking at the very least,

Is this the source of your misogyny?

Memnoch
24th July 2017, 10:17

If this is true, the reasoning is both stupid and dangerous.

Premise: Hormonal conditions affect behaviour.
Fact: Hormonal differences between males and females are normal.
Conclusion: Hormonally influenced crimes by women are excusable.
Consequence: Hormonally influenced crimes by men must also be excusable, and any man accused of a violent crime can argue in his defence that testosterone levels are higher in aggressive individuals and since men typically produce more testosterone than women, their violence is thus hormonally influenced and must therefore be excused.

The logical extension of this reported decision, and what will be argued by defence lawyers representing violent men, is that violence is not criminal.

Like I said... stupid and dangerous.

parsonstreet
24th July 2017, 13:33
I think the reasoning is more that the hormone levels are abnormally high causing mood swings but only at certain times due to a biological clock.

If a man is regularly suffused in testosterone then that is something he needs to manage.

People do argue that testosterone is a mitigating factor and steroid use has been implicated in violent behaviour and murders.

I think the thing they are concerned with I suppose is the severity of the mood swings. In the above mentioned manslaughter verdicts they may have considered the moods swings to be abnormal and uncontrollable.

Yes I think its suspect having grown up with three sisters and a tough mother. People seem to immediately look for excuses for womens behaviour. Nevertheless my experience in school (and elsewhere) was getting beaten up regularly by boys and not by girls, something personally I had no Inclination to do myself.

If I get stroppy or angry etc you do find people claiming it is because your a man as if all mens behaviour is wild and unrestrained. So that is kind of reinforcing I suppose.

:s8

Memnoch
24th July 2017, 14:25
I think the reasoning is more that the hormone levels are abnormally high

It's not abnormal though, is it? Death, taxes, and monthly moodies. It's normal. Men are expected to control their hormonally implicated urges; why should someone be relieved of that responsibility just because she's female? Surely murder itself is "abnormal" and if we allow a reason - any reason - to become an excuse we may as well dispense with the whole notion of law and order and go live in the jungle.

Reg Perrin
24th July 2017, 15:05
It's not abnormal though, is it? Death, taxes, and monthly moodies. It's normal. Men are expected to control their hormonally implicated urges; why should someone be relieved of that responsibility just because she's female? Surely murder itself is "abnormal" and if we allow a reason - any reason - to become an excuse we may as well dispense with the whole notion of law and order and go live in the jungle.

It's a mitigating factor fuckwit, the same as any mitigating factor male or female, chemical, hormonal or organic. Even your Sociopathic Emotional problems would have you in Broadmoor rather than Strangeways.

Reg Perrin
24th July 2017, 15:08
It's the same logic as Postpartum infanticide, but you'll probably dismiss that as "Baby blues" fuckin pillock.

Reg Perrin
24th July 2017, 15:25
Chickenshit will feel aggrieved that PC Lefties are advocating favourable treatment for "Wimmin"...he hates them that much.

Lord Ponsonby
24th July 2017, 20:41
Postpartum infanticide.

LOL

Reg Perrin
24th July 2017, 20:59
Postpartum infanticide.

LOL

Something else you don't understand?

parsonstreet
24th July 2017, 21:24
Are there any real women on this forum? :2pigfly:

parsonstreet
24th July 2017, 21:27
It's the same logic as Postpartum infanticide, but you'll probably dismiss that as "Baby blues" fuckin pillock.

Guilt over having children?

Calidore
24th July 2017, 21:29
Guilt over having children?

Guilt? Possibly hormones running amok after nine months then giving birth?