PDA

View Full Version : This is a short term disaster for labour

Calidore
1st May 2016, 21:31
It was a bad bad mistake to get the hard left involved in national politics.

Is Arthur Scargill going to contribute?

This might all blow over if no-one says anything else, otherwise it's going to rip the shadow cabinet to pieces by the end of the week.

Dordie
1st May 2016, 23:55

This might all blow over if no-one says anything else, otherwise it's going to rip the shadow cabinet to pieces by the end of the week.

The Labour party are history. I will name but three.......Corbyn....Livingstone....Abbott. WHAT a fucking shower!

Calidore
6th May 2016, 20:11
Abbott is fucking monster,.

parsonstreet
6th May 2016, 20:42
Bad results for Conservatives also with gains for the Lib Dems and UKIP.

Reg Perrin
6th May 2016, 20:48
Diane Abbot has the sneering, faux sincerity and superior attitude of the type of social worker you get on the other end of the phone when you ring a London office. She needs booting out as soon as possible. The fact that Corbyn thinks that policies alone are good enough to win an election demonstrates the zealous naivety of a fuckin stupid radical. I should be in charge.

Dordie
6th May 2016, 21:03
I should be in charge.

lol

Calidore
6th May 2016, 21:03
She's got a nice voice and she knows how to use it. But she's very self righteous and offputting.

Reg Perrin
6th May 2016, 21:05
She's got a nice voice and she knows how to use it

She should go far!!

Calidore
6th May 2016, 21:26
Bad results for Conservatives also with gains for the Lib Dems and UKIP.

They don't seem too bothered, oddly.

Calidore
6th May 2016, 21:27
She should go far!!

Let's hope so!

Lord Ponsonby
6th May 2016, 21:31
Diane Abbot has the sneering, faux sincerity and superior attitude of the type of social worker you get on the other end of the phone when you ring a London office.

You have an inferiority complex, and what's more....you're right.

Reg Perrin
6th May 2016, 21:36
You have an inferiority complex, and what's more....you're right.

I see you have no problem understanding "inferiority complex"....I wonder why I'm not surprised?

Lord Ponsonby
6th May 2016, 21:38
I see you have no problem understanding "inferiority complex"....I wonder why I'm not surprised?

Probably because you are inferior.

Reg Perrin
6th May 2016, 21:41

You'd be an excellent judge regarding that, all your experience etc...

Reg Perrin
6th May 2016, 21:48
Oh what a shame you've had your 2 minutes.....

squawkington
6th May 2016, 21:49

How EXACTLY is he inferior?:missing:

Reg Perrin
6th May 2016, 22:05
Could you simplify the question for him?

squawkington
6th May 2016, 22:16

:irked:

I'm an interlectual. Answer my original question, or consider yourself Checkmated! (up the bum)

Lord Ponsonby
7th May 2016, 07:17
Oh what a shame you've had your 2 minutes.....

It's more than ample for you.

Lord Ponsonby
7th May 2016, 07:18

Stop talking to yourself.

Reg Perrin
7th May 2016, 07:29
:irked:

I'm an interlectual. Answer my original question, or consider yourself Checkmated! (up the bum)

I'm afraid you asked the question of Ponsonby re me, not vice versa. That was enough to play havoc with Ponsonby's two braincells.

Lord Ponsonby
7th May 2016, 07:37
I'm afraid you asked the question of Ponsonby re me, not vice versa. That was enough to play havoc with Ponsonby's two braincells.

Reg hasn't worked it out yet. Hardly surprising.

Plutonium
7th May 2016, 07:54
Once again a thread on an interesting topic of current affairs has been turned into a personal bickering match by the pathetic troll Lord Ponsonby. This man has serious problems.

Reg Perrin
7th May 2016, 07:55
Reg hasn't worked it out yet. Hardly surprising.

Haven't I?

Two minutes up for the day.

Lord Ponsonby
7th May 2016, 07:58
Haven't I?

Two minutes up for the day.

No, you haven't.

Lord Ponsonby
7th May 2016, 08:00
Once again a thread on an interesting topic of current affairs has been turned into a personal bickering match by the pathetic troll Lord Ponsonby. This man has serious problems.

And your own contribution to it amounts to what exactly?

Plutonium
7th May 2016, 08:07
And your own contribution to it amounts to what exactly?

Like you're remotely interested.

Lord Ponsonby
7th May 2016, 08:19
Like you're remotely interested.

I'll make it easier for you. Your on topic posts to this thread amount to what? Take your time. Ask your pet monkey if necessary.

Plutonium
7th May 2016, 10:11
Your on topic posts to this thread amount to what?

And your own on topic posts in this thread amount to what? People who live in glass houses etc.

Plutonium
7th May 2016, 10:15

Well my view on it is that, apart from Sadiq Khan's win in London, this was a pretty disastrous set of results for Labour. Most worrying of all is that Labour were pushed into third place in Scotland.

I really cannot see Corbyn as a credible leader who will bring victory at the next election. But Labour have always been crap at getting rid of bad leaders. So we've got him pretty much for the duration.

My partner is a die-hard Labour supporter. But even she can see that things are pretty bleak. She says that her 2 year old grandson will be old enough to vote, before we see another Labour government.

Scrotnig
7th May 2016, 14:28
Well my view on it is that, apart from Sadiq Khan's win in London, this was a pretty disastrous set of results for Labour. Most worrying of all is that Labour were pushed into third place in Scotland.

I really cannot see Corbyn as a credible leader who will bring victory at the next election. But Labour have always been crap at getting rid of bad leaders. So we've got him pretty much for the duration.

My partner is a die-hard Labour supporter. But even she can see that things are pretty bleak. She says that her 2 year old grandson will be old enough to vote, before we see another Labour government.
I think Sadiq Khan will be the next Labour prime minister.

TheDruid 3X3
7th May 2016, 15:29
So does this mean the Conservatives are likely to get back in.

I suppose there are Two Main Parties in England that fight it out for Power - Labour and the Tories.

I guess there is no chance for Greens or UKIP.

Isn't there a Liberal Party in England like there is in Canada?

3X3

Calidore
7th May 2016, 16:20
I think Sadiq Khan will be the next Labour prime minister.

I hope not, he's not as nice as our David.

Lord Ponsonby
7th May 2016, 16:23
The vast majority of the working classes won't vote for a muslim.

Reg Perrin
7th May 2016, 16:53
So does this mean the Conservatives are likely to get back in.

I suppose there are Two Main Parties in England that fight it out for Power - Labour and the Tories.

I guess there is no chance for Greens or UKIP.

3X3

No.

Plutonium
8th May 2016, 08:32

Yes, it is called the Liberal Democratic Party. It was formed of the merger of two parties in 1987, the Liberal party and the Social Democratic Party. The latter were a breakaway of right wing Labour members from the Labour party.

The Liberal party was one of the two great parties in Britain in the nineteenth century, and won a landslide election victory in 1906. But less than 20 years later, support for the party collapsed as opinion became polarised between Labour and the Conservatives. After WW2 they were down to 6 seats and less than 10% of the popular vote, and it was widely assumed that the Liberals would become extinct. However, support for them revived in the 1960s, and they got up to 20% of the popular vote, but because of our electoral system (the same as Canada's) they won very few seats.

In the 1980s they formed an electoral alliance with the SDP and the two parties merged in 1987, to become the Liberal Democrats. They continued to poll a significant share of the vote, 24% in 2010 IIRC. However, the then Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg performed a blatant U turn. He had promised that the Lib Dems would never support an increase in university tuition fees. Then in 2010 the party went into coalition with the Conservatives, and supported a three-fold increase in tuition fees. Support for the Lib Dems collapsed, and now they are back to where they were in the 1950, with less than 10% of the vote and a number of MPs that can be counted on the fingers of two hands.

So where are they going to go now? I don't know. Electorally they are now weaker than UKIP and even the Greens in some places.

However, there is a bit of a void in the centre of British politics, with Labour having veered to the left, and this has to be filled somehow.

Plutonium
8th May 2016, 08:32
The usual idiots will now have a go at me over that post.

Reg Perrin
8th May 2016, 08:45

Yeah, guilty. Because you're a prat.

Plutonium
8th May 2016, 08:51

Yeah, guilty. Because you're a prat.

Right on cue.

Now all we need is Nick accusing me of a C&P job, and it's BINGO!