PDA

View Full Version : Fracking must begin.

Dordie
13th August 2015, 11:50
And begin NOW. Those left wing shithole councils will use all manner of shit to delay it and are doing. Plans are afoot to override them, get on with it and start fracking.

Alice
13th August 2015, 12:02
And begin NOW. Those left wing shithole councils will use all manner of shit to delay it and are doing. Plans are afoot to override them, get on with it and start fracking.

But wasn't it Cameron who pledged giving autonomy to the regions in the UK. If they do that how can they then justify overruling them.

Dordie
13th August 2015, 12:06
If they do that how can they then justify overruling them.

Because they can and will. How many people wanted the Iraq war? not many, but it went ahead because they could and did.

Plutonium
13th August 2015, 20:15

Good news, Dordie, I've had a sneak preview of the plans and they'll be starting fracking under your house on Monday.

Canuckistan
13th August 2015, 20:21
I spend most of my working life in the oil and gas well drilling area. I was involved in some of the mid-term fracking technology development. Making what I consider to be a safe assumption, that UK regulations are semi-intelligent I would suggest that fracking itself does not present a danger to you or the environment. If anything, with my limited experience to drilling in the UK portion of the North Sea, I would think your regs are mildly over-restrictive.

The horror stories you hear of are primarily from the US in areas where there is insufficient regulation or insufficient enforcement.

Fork Me
13th August 2015, 20:21
Good news, Dordie, I've had a sneak preview of the plans and they'll be starting fracking under your house on Monday.

Nice, Dorkface can enjoy his black tapwater by the end of the week.

Chris Mitchell
13th August 2015, 20:29
The horror stories you hear of are primarily from the US in areas where there is insufficient regulation or insufficient enforcement.

Yes, but this government are as much in thrall of huge corporations as the US is. That's what we're moving towards.

Cynic
13th August 2015, 20:40
Yes, but this government are as much in thrall of huge corporations as the US is. That's what we're moving towards.

I think you'll find that this country's Regulators (Health & Safety and Environmental Inspectors) are absolutely independent - they all carry their own warrants and have more powers than the Police.

The environmental protection legislation is already in place, has been for years. The HSE have a list of all the prosecutions they have undertaken available on their website; the EA will have the same thing in the near future. The EA will be all over these people like a rash.