PDA

View Full Version : The Conversation

Reg Perrin
23rd June 2015, 17:51
A brilliant web site. Just saw this regarding Free Schools.

The Swedes have just pronounced that their 'Free Schools' experiment is a failure. Free Schools did not improve educational standards and increased social stratification.The last government's enthusiasm for Free Schools and forcing the conversion of schools to academies has nothing to do with improving education but has everything to so with undermining and replacing public sector provision of education and replacing it with private sector providers.We are a deeply unequal and divided society, the education system exemplifies the problem. The 7% who are privately educated are also the the ones who decide how the other 93% are educated.

So true. We have just had Government notification that the same ideology is going to be applied to Local Authority Adoption. Fortunately I'm off!!!!!

Cynic
23rd June 2015, 19:00

So true. We have just had Government notification that the same ideology is going to be applied to Local Authority Adoption. Fortunately I'm off!!!!!

Free adoption !!! Just so long as they don't make it compulsory.

Plutonium
24th June 2015, 08:35

Got a link?

bill jarvis
24th June 2015, 08:49
Got a link?Find a house at an affordable rent/buying price in London for an average paid worker.
Just one out of your 56,000, is all I'm asking, we'll deal with the other 55,999 after.

Got an answer?

Plutonium
24th June 2015, 09:23
Find a house at an affordable rent/buying price in London for an average paid worker.
Just one out of your 56,000, is all I'm asking, we'll deal with the other 55,999 after.

Got an answer?

What FM said about you is true. You're a one trick pony, and you don't even do that trick very well.

Plutonium
24th June 2015, 09:24
BTW Jarvis, you haven't answered my question. Do you believe there are no immigrants at all who have succeeded through hard work?

bill jarvis
24th June 2015, 09:41
What FM said about you is true. You're a one trick pony, and you don't even do that trick very well.
Just trying to get an answer from you.

bill jarvis
24th June 2015, 09:44
Do you believe there are no immigrants at all who have succeeded through hard work?Many.
How does that benefit the indigenous hard workers who have been put on the dole because of it?

Plutonium
24th June 2015, 10:52
Many.
How does that benefit the indigenous hard workers who have been put on the dole because of it?

They haven't been.

bill jarvis
24th June 2015, 13:04
They haven't been.Where did the additional jobs come from, when we've had millions of our own people unemployed?

Dordie
24th June 2015, 14:21
when we've had millions of our own people unemployed?

With more coming in and throngs at Calais waiting to come. All that get in will be allowed to stay. Isn't that the core problem?

Cynic
24th June 2015, 14:32
I heard that those coming are all very well briefed on what to do/say when they actually get here; I suspect very few will get returned, which is probably why this Government are trying not to let them get in at all.