PDA

View Full Version : Mainly for Mem and Forkers.....

sphinx
10th April 2015, 12:58
(btw, why isn't there a Science Forem, Scrot? :s8)

What is your opinion of Lawrence Krauss?

Having recently read (or rather 'waded through') a couple of his books. I get the feeling that he is strange...to say the least. :-s

Fork Me
10th April 2015, 13:06
Never heard of him. Sorry.

sphinx
10th April 2015, 13:10

Oh!

I suppose it is more likely that Mem has.....Krauss is an American Cosmologist, and 'theoretical physicist'.
He is a professor of something really important at Arizona State University.

Fork Me
10th April 2015, 13:11
Just looked him up on Wikipedia and i have heard of some of his books but i haven't read any of them.

sphinx
10th April 2015, 13:12
A Universe from Nothing is quite interesting...although repetitive, and doesn't really seem to get far. (imho)
You may like to read it....

Cynic
10th April 2015, 14:16

Probably in the same place as the "Complaints Forum" :stomp10::x

sphinx
10th April 2015, 14:17
Probably in the same place as the "Complaints Forum" :stomp10::x

Quite. :irked:

Alice
10th April 2015, 14:22

Oh, oh, I think I know the answer to this. Scrote got in a strop once upon a time and got rid of it because he said no-one ever used it and anyway most of the stuff in there could go under existing headings. Do I get a prize?

Cynic
10th April 2015, 14:24
Oh, oh, I think I know the answer to this. Scrote got in a strop once upon a time and got rid of it because he said no-one ever used it and anyway most of the stuff in there could go under existing headings. Do I get a prize?

Only if I can complain about me not getting one (in the Complaints Forum ofc).:idea:

sphinx
10th April 2015, 14:28
Scrote got in a strop once

Really? :o

That is difficult to imagine. :hmmm:

Do I get a prize?

Not this time. :-)

Memnoch
10th April 2015, 14:45

What is your opinion of Lawrence Krauss?

Having recently read (or rather 'waded through') a couple of his books. I get the feeling that he is strange...to say the least. :-sHe seems well versed. I've read two books by him, both of them about science fiction either becoming, or conflicting with, science fact. I haven't read any original science by him.

Dordie
10th April 2015, 16:40
Not this time

I should jolly well think not :yeah4:

Plutonium
11th April 2015, 08:50
Oh!

I suppose it is more likely that Mem has.....Krauss is an American Cosmologist, and 'theoretical physicist'.
He is a professor of something really important at Arizona State University.

Professor of Something Really Important, that's a good job title.

Lord Ponsonby
11th April 2015, 13:24
Professor of Something Really Important, that's a good job title.

It certainly is, Plutonium!

Scrotnig
11th April 2015, 16:12

Just looked him up on Wikipedia and i have heard of some of his books but i haven't read any of them.

What a bloody rubbish scientist Fork Me is.

Memnoch
11th April 2015, 16:30
What a bloody rubbish scientist Fork Me is.

Are you familiar with every shelf stacker in the world?

Scrotnig
11th April 2015, 17:21
Are you familiar with every shelf stacker in the world?
I know all the ones who've written books.

Memnoch
11th April 2015, 19:01
I know all the ones who've written books.
I doubt that. I can name two and I'm willing to bet you can't name any.

Scrotnig
11th April 2015, 20:34
I doubt that. I can name two and I'm willing to bet you can't name any.

Somehow, this post fails to be even remotely surprising. :rolleyes:

Memnoch
11th April 2015, 20:52
Somehow, this post fails to be even remotely surprising. :rolleyes:Since it wasn't intended to be surprising, it hasn't failed.

You, however...

Scrotnig
11th April 2015, 20:54
Since it wasn't intended to be surprising, it hasn't failed.

You, however...
You're quite impossible.

Memnoch
11th April 2015, 20:54
You're quite impossible.Only by your low standards.

Scrotnig
11th April 2015, 20:58
Only by your low standards.
:s9

Memnoch
11th April 2015, 21:04
:s9
Your standard modus operandi: Try to hijack a thread aimed at people a million times smarter than you, make a complete arse of yourself, pretend not to care. :rolleyes:

Scrotnig
11th April 2015, 21:11
Your standard modus operandi: Try to hijack a thread aimed at people a million times smarter than you, make a complete arse of yourself, pretend not to care. :rolleyes:
Taking it badly too. Tsk.

They don't like it up 'em.

Memnoch
11th April 2015, 21:25
Taking it badly too. Tsk.Taking what badly, exactly?

Oh I see, you're claiming some kind of victory are you? You really are becoming more pathetic every day.

They don't like it up 'em.Like you would know. :rolleyes:

Scrotnig
11th April 2015, 21:29
Taking what badly, exactly?

Oh I see, you're claiming some kind of victory are you? You really are becoming more pathetic every day.

Like you would know. :rolleyes:

It's not about winning arguments, it's about missing the point entirely, which you seem to manage with concerning regularity.

Feel free to now start posting abuse, which is what both you and Forker both do whenever you can't get someone to post the way you want them to.

Memnoch
11th April 2015, 21:34
It's not about winning arguments, it's about missing the point entirely, which you seem to manage with concerning regularity.You think you've made a point? That Forker hasn't read every science book ever written? And that's your victory is it? Like I said... pathetic.

Feel free to now start posting abuseI don't need to. I only need to remind you of the truth: That you are a pathetic fuckwit whose only talent is making a complete arse of himself every time he indulges his inexplicable, desperate need to try to score points off his intellectual superiors. And before you start your usual whining, just remember who it was who leaped into this thread trying to denigrate someone. You reap what you sow, moron.

Scrotnig
11th April 2015, 21:36
Feel free to now start posting abuse

I don't need to.
BUT THEN...

You are a pathetic fuckwit
You can't even agree with your OWN posts now, you're so argumentative.

Memnoch
11th April 2015, 21:42
Once again, you can't handle the truth so you call it abuse. Shall we have a count up of how many times you've done that? It's approximately equal to your post count. :rolleyes:

I'm beginning to understand why FM so frequently loses patience with you. You seem determined to annoy those cleverer than you to the point where they simply don't bother any more. If our presence distresses you so much, why don't you just ban us?

Scrotnig
11th April 2015, 21:44
Once again, you can't handle the truth so you call it abuse. Shall we have a count up of how many times you've done that? It's approximately equal to your post count. :rolleyes:
Ah, the old "it's not abuse, it's the truth" excuse. As thin and transparent as it gets.

When the argument is lost, the abuse starts, as you have once again ably proved.

I'll leave you to your silly fantasies.

Memnoch
11th April 2015, 21:56
When the argument is lost...Scrotnig whines about "abuse". It's all you ever do. Make a total prat of yourself then cry like a baby when your prattishness is pointed out to you. Is it deliberate or are you genuinely unable to see the signs of every identical self-spanking you have ever administered?

Alice
11th April 2015, 22:02
Oh good a Saturday night BC brawl.

Alice
11th April 2015, 22:03
You can tell there's nothing on the box.

Memnoch
11th April 2015, 22:07
Oh good a Saturday night BC brawl.

It's not a brawl so much as a ritual.

Alice
11th April 2015, 22:14
It's not a brawl so much as a ritual.

In that case I'll light some candles and cleanse my aura until you've finished.

Memnoch
11th April 2015, 22:37
cleanse my aura TMI

Alice
11th April 2015, 22:40
TMI

:jawdrop: