Couple arrested for "sex abuse" for takin photo of naked baby...
Started by Zippy, 13th September 2005 19:02 in Talk & Chat

  1. #1 | 699961
    BC Member
    United_States

    Joined
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,373
    Likes
    4
    SEP
    13
    2005

    Default Couple arrested for "sex abuse" for takin photo of naked baby...

    RALEIGH, N.C. Parents who were charged with child abuse last August have been exonerated and reunited with their children.

    Charbel Hamaty (search) was charged with sexually assaulting his newborn son, and Teresa Hamaty (search) was arrested for taking sexually explicit pictures.

    The couple describe the ordeal as a "nightmare" that started over a roll of film that Charbel Hamaty dropped off at a north Raleigh Eckerd drugstore.

    The photo that raised alarms shows a naked Kristoff, now 16 months old, getting a kiss from his father on the belly button, Teresa Hamaty said.

    When the photos were shown to the police, the couple was arrested, and Kristoff was put in protective custody, while his half-sister, Victoria, was handed over to her birth father.

    Teresa Hamaty was released on bond, but wasn't allowed contact with her children for months.

    Charbel Hamaty spent six months in prison before the charges were dropped because of a report submitted by an expert saying there was no criminal intent in the photos.

    The couple said they are happy to be reunited with their children and to leave their legal troubles behind them.


    Sheesh!

  2. #2 | 699966
    BC Member

    Joined
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,654
    SEP
    13
    2005

    Default Re: Couple arrested for "sex abuse" for takin photo of naked baby...

    Shameful. This is one case where fiscal compensation is more than due.
    Warning! This forum is not for Mork and Mindy, however you will see murk and numb-skull.

  3. #3 | 699967
    BC Member
    England

    Joined
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    19,877
    Likes
    29
    SEP
    13
    2005

    Default Re: Couple arrested for "sex abuse" for takin photo of naked baby...

    We too are blessed with an Army of these kind of idiots Zippy. Social Services has a lot to answer for in this country. So called experts have been found wanting.

    Colonel
    The 'Train' of failure runs on the tracks of laziness

  4. #4 | 699968
    BC Member
    United_States

    Joined
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,373
    Likes
    4
    SEP
    13
    2005

    Default Re: Couple arrested for "sex abuse" for takin photo of naked baby...

    That's North Carolina for you. Southern states are

  5. #5 | 699980
    BC Member
    Christmas Island

    Joined
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    102
    SEP
    13
    2005

    Default Re: Couple arrested for "sex abuse" for takin photo of naked baby...

    View Quoted Post In 699967 Colonel said:
    We too are blessed with an Army of these kind of idiots Zippy. Social Services has a lot to answer for in this country. So called experts have been found wanting.

    Colonel


    I didn't see any mention of Social services, surely you mean the police?

  6. #6 | 699984
    BC Member
    England

    Joined
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    19,877
    Likes
    29
    SEP
    13
    2005

    Default Re: Couple arrested for "sex abuse" for takin photo of naked baby...

    View Quoted Post In 699980 pablo said:
    I didn't see any mention of Social services, surely you mean the police?
    It was not until I mentioned it, is that not allowed?. If this event had happened here the Police would have passed it onto Social services for detailed examination, unless you can prove otherwise.

    Colonel
    The 'Train' of failure runs on the tracks of laziness

  7. #7 | 699986
    BC Member
    Christmas Island

    Joined
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    102
    SEP
    13
    2005

    Default Re: Couple arrested for "sex abuse" for takin photo of naked baby...

    View Quoted Post In 699984 Colonel said:
    It was not until I mentioned it, is that not allowed?. If this event had happened here the Police would have passed it onto Social servics for detailed examination, unless you can prove otherwise.

    Colonel

    Would they? I don't know. So, it's the police in both instances who initiate this craziness but its Social services you single out. then of course there's the magistrates who remanded the couple.

  8. #8 | 699989
    BC Member
    England

    Joined
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    19,877
    Likes
    29
    SEP
    13
    2005

    Default Re: Couple arrested for "sex abuse" for takin photo of naked baby...

    View Quoted Post In 699986 pablo said:
    Would they? I don't know. So, it's the police in both instances who initiate this craziness but its Social services you single out. then of course there's the magistrates who remanded the couple.
    Please do not attempt to be an asshole if you want to discuss this thread with me. If you read the lead post the problem arose when it was noticed that a man was kissing his sons bellybutton when the film they had taken of this event was developed. The busybody in the shop immediately called the Police and bearing in mind this was the USA it would appear from what little we know that the Police had a severe knee jerk reaction and took this man to court where the magistrate imprisoned him.

    This would not happen here, as the Police do not get involved directly with these kind of cases, they are passed down to our Social Services to investigate to see if an offence has taken place or not. The end result could possibly be the same as in the USA as the Social Services in this country have a reputation for playing God and making evidence available that is not always correct as we have seen with the Cleveland affair and many other cases.

    Now you know my position I do not want to see another sarcastic post from you. If you have something concrete to say, then say it, otherwise, shut up.

    Colonel
    The 'Train' of failure runs on the tracks of laziness

  9. #9 | 699990
    BC Member
    Christmas Island

    Joined
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    102
    SEP
    13
    2005

    Default Re: Couple arrested for "sex abuse" for takin photo of naked baby...

    View Quoted Post In 699989 Colonel said:
    Please do not attempt to be an asshole if you want to discuss this thread with me. If you read the lead post the problem arose when it was noticed that a man was kissing his sons bellybutton when the film they had taken of this event was developed. The busybody in the shop immediately called the Police and bearing in mind this was the USA it would appear from what little we know that the Police had a severe knee jerk reaction and took this man to court where the magistrate imprisoned him.

    This would not happen here, as the Police do not get involved directly with these kind of cases, they are passed down to our Social Services to investigate to see if an offence has taken place or not. The end result could possibly be the same as in the USA as the Social Services in this country have a reputation for playing God and making evidence available that is not always correct as we have seen with the Cleveland affair and many other cases.

    Now you know my position I do not want to see another sarcastic post from you. If you have something concrete to say, then say it, otherwise, shut up.

    Colonel
    Are you sure?

  10. #10 | 699992
    BC Member
    England

    Joined
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    19,877
    Likes
    29
    SEP
    13
    2005

    Default Re: Couple arrested for "sex abuse" for takin photo of naked baby...

    View Quoted Post In 699990 pablo said:
    Are you sure?
    So you have nothing to offer, why am I not surprised.

    Colonel
    The 'Train' of failure runs on the tracks of laziness

 


Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)


Tags for this Thread

BC Forums Create Account Today's Posts Activity Stream Spy Latest Likes
  • Quick Links
  •  
    Make A Donation To BC